UEFA Champions League/Europa League 25/26/27 February *** Spoilers ***

Caporegime
As annoying as it is that we lost to Olympiakos, means that it’s one less competition to worry about.

Now we really have to kick ourselves into gear and get back into the top 4 or the top 6 right. Top 4 might not be possible but I’d hate to see this result affect us in the league. So the sooner we shake this bad result off the better because we really have to kick on the league.

Caporegime
As annoying as it is that we lost to Olympiakos, means that it’s one less competition to worry about.

Now we really have to kick ourselves into gear and get back into the top 4 or the top 6 right. Top 4 might not be possible but I’d hate to see this result affect us in the league. So the sooner we shake this bad result off the better because we really have to kick on the league.
People are saying, season over, thats our easiest and only way of getting into the champs league.

I kind of disagree. There’s a long way to go in that competition and plenty of quality teams left. When you look at the league table, the performance of those around us and the run of fixtures we have coming up, I’d say the league is just as good a chance. Especially if qualification drops to fifth place.

Our seasons not over yet by a long shot. We just have to use this disappointment as a massive kick up the arse.

Soldato
Just watching the highlights. Why wasnt the Olympiakos fella sent off for that foul on Pepe when he was through?

HAHA that first goal....wow.

Edit. Pepe is garbage.

Caporegime
Wtf happened I went to bed after the Auba goal expecting it to be done and dusted. Had to rub my eyes after turning on breakfast news!

Captain black going to be under a lot of pressure now surely as Champions league qualification is basically finished now?

Soldato
Fernandes has to be given praise like the fans singing his name. Since his arrival our performances have been rejuvenated. I’m sure Ighalo has only added to the morale too.

Don
Fernandes has to be given praise like the fans singing his name. Since his arrival our performances have been rejuvenated. I’m sure Ighalo has only added to the morale too.

That can't be that surprising surely, a 60m player with great stats this season, walking into a pretty poor quality league. You'd have expected him to hit the ground running.

fez

fez

Caporegime
That can't be that surprising surely, a 60m player with great stats this season, walking into a pretty poor quality league. You'd have expected him to hit the ground running.

Clearly not a United fan. For the past 6 years its felt like we could sign Messi and Ronaldo and they would just drop their performance level to the rest of the squad. Its amazing what a difference a player that is mobile, has a good first touch and an eye for a pass makes not only to the chances created but to the morale and ability of the rest of the team. Suddenly teams have to worry when we get the back in their half.

Caporegime
Olympiakos v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Rangers v Bayer Leverkusen

LASK v Manchester United

Never heard of LASK but apparently they're top of the Austrian league ahead of RB Salzburg.

Soldato
So who’s betting on a Wolves vs United final?
Not all players do though, that’s the risk

Caporegime
Leverkusen will hammer Rangers.

Did Celtic get knocked out? What happened @Psycho Sonny ?

So you don't know anything about football but like to comment on other leagues and teams anyway?

We had the better chances in both legs. They got lucky. Especially since the centre half just back from injury never put enough on a backpass to let their striker in on goal for a free 1 v 1. Thrown in the deep end by the manager. The manger is ultimately to blame as he picked him as well as another player who shouldn't have started.

Manager at fault. That centre half as well as Forrest should never have started but he seems to favour those 2 players for some reason even though we have better players in the squad.

In the first leg we should have scored 4 goals within the first 20 minutes.

The second leg we had a player who should never be in the team miss an open goal from 3 yards out from a cross because he was anticipating the defender getting to it and he never so he never bothered to put his leg out. Add to that gifting them a goal and the referee chopped off a perfectly good goal for no reason we would have been 2-0 up. And 4-1 on aggregate

So a few things cost us. I would like to see the ref's explanation for the goal that was disallowed. Our player went for the ball. The goalkeeper ran into the back of him and fell over.

So does that mean basically you aren't allowed to get in the way of the ball if it's on it's way to the keeper? as that's a new one to me.

So the better team lost and it was their night on both nights. We should though have won had our manger not changed formation from 352 to 4231. Played our worst centre half at LCB and instead played bitton or Simunovic on the right at RCB. Dropped forrest for Hayes or El younoussi.

Had that have happened we would have won quite comfortably even with the goal chopped off as we would have been winning rather than chasing the game. Plus we would have been playing a top striker instead of a passenger in the attacking half. The same striker who scored 2 world class free kicks in the last Scotland vs England game. Where your players just watched as the ball went into the top corner twice.

Last edited:
Caporegime
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom