*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
Whats the deal with trying to buy an old xbox 360 game and it saying "You have no valid payment options on file. Microsoft Account Balances cannot we used in this purchase channel."

What does that even mean?

I have paypal linked to the account, everything is valid on it as I use it in other places.
That's because when you buy Xbox 360 games you're actually using the older live system which doesn't support PayPal or the current iteration of Microsoft credit. Its the same reason why you need a card on file to get a 360 game when it's on games with gold. You're actually buying it for £0.

Associate
Ah, fair enough. Its definitely knackered then!

Yep - gutted! Argos have offered me a 75% refund so will get 340 quid back so will grab a new One X from Amazon. Only caveat is I need to provide them with a report from a computer shop to confirm its faulty. Xbox is at the local PC shop at the moment should get it back tomorrow then off to Argos I go. Suppose they need to weed out any chancers who might have dropped it or damaged it so I'm ok playing their game. The Xbox is absolutely immaculate though and was took back in the original box with the receipt etc. so was hoping they'd have just relented without having to go through this hassle, buy hey ho!

Soldato
Evening gentlemen, looking for some advice. I've been away for 6 months with work and have been going through updates today on the xbox. Eventually all games are updated and Xbox software has been updated, but Red Dead redemption 2 is having an absolute crisis. I've tried updating numerous times, doner a few hard reset's, all the basic stuff and have now uninstalled and tried to re-install, but still no luck.

The installation tries to start but then pretty much immediately stops, sat on 0,00% complete. I don't really know where to start looking for issues as every other game has updated. 395Gb left free on my HDD.

many thanks!

Soldato
Evening gentlemen, looking for some advice. I've been away for 6 months with work and have been going through updates today on the xbox. Eventually all games are updated and Xbox software has been updated, but Red Dead redemption 2 is having an absolute crisis. I've tried updating numerous times, doner a few hard reset's, all the basic stuff and have now uninstalled and tried to re-install, but still no luck.

The installation tries to start but then pretty much immediately stops, sat on 0,00% complete. I don't really know where to start looking for issues as every other game has updated. 395Gb left free on my HDD.

many thanks!

You installing it to an external or the internal xbox hdd?

Whatever the case, maybe try installing it to a different location to see if that works, and if it does then move it across to where you normally store your games.

Soldato
You installing it to an external or the internal xbox hdd?

Whatever the case, maybe try installing it to a different location to see if that works, and if it does then move it across to where you normally store your games.

Managed to get it working this morning. I had to trigger the download from one wifi source, and then once it was started I could move it to the faster wifi. Still got 40Gb left to download or so. Hopefully be playing soon!

Soldato
3408871.jpg

Can't wait for Kingdom Hearts III. It'll be my first KH.

Associate
Yep - gutted! Argos have offered me a 75% refund so will get 340 quid back so will grab a new One X from Amazon. Only caveat is I need to provide them with a report from a computer shop to confirm its faulty. Xbox is at the local PC shop at the moment should get it back tomorrow then off to Argos I go. Suppose they need to weed out any chancers who might have dropped it or damaged it so I'm ok playing their game. The Xbox is absolutely immaculate though and was took back in the original box with the receipt etc. so was hoping they'd have just relented without having to go through this hassle, buy hey ho!

Got my refund now......torn on whether to put the cash aside and wait for new XBox now. Got my PC to play and can get on game pass using that so not missing out on much really.

Soldato
What the hell have MS done to the dashboard... I go offline for three weeks and they change everything.

They've FINALLY fixed the performance (for the most part it seems)... just 7 years later... shocking it took them so long.

But why is everything stacked down now... means my shoulder buttons now don't get me to the store in three clicks. Seems weird.

Other improvements seems ok I guess. Performance is number one though.

Man of Honour
What the hell have MS done to the dashboard... I go offline for three weeks and they change everything.

They've FINALLY fixed the performance (for the most part it seems)... just 7 years later... shocking it took them so long.

But why is everything stacked down now... means my shoulder buttons now don't get me to the store in three clicks. Seems weird.

They still haven't made anything better than the blades UI on the 360. It still annoys me that the party/group chat system is far worse than their 2006 implementation.

Soldato
I’m not a big fan of the new dash either tbh. Not sure why they changed the alignment from horizontal to vertical. Adding an option to have it either way would be nice.

The blades was a great system it was clean and far less cluttered and was responsive.

Associate

I really like new dashboard, allows me to removed all crap now e.g. mixer store so on

Easy way to store just press y or Xbox button store.

Wish they remove add more bit at bottom.

Associate
Does anyone remember how to link the Games Pass to Windows 10? The email account my xbox account is tied to is really old and not the same as my current Microsoft account so when I've logged into the Xbox Beta app it wants to charge me for Games Pass.

Associate
I really like new dashboard, allows me to removed all crap now e.g. mixer store so on

Easy way to store just press y or Xbox button store.

Wish they remove add more bit at bottom.

I like it aswell, seems a lot more responsive aswell (I also removed mixer - done it so gamepass is first then my set of games. Would be better if on the top row/set of recently played game icons you could choose which ones are one there.

Back
Top Bottom