Premier League Hall of Fame

Soldato
I'm surprised no mention of Cantona. He was the first superstar of the premier League era. I would put him and Shearer in as first 2.

Andy Cole in with a shout too. People forget he scored 34 goals in one season.

I think what Cantona did at Palace is enough to take him off any lists tbh especially with happened in the aftermath.

Soldato
Not too sure why folk are not liking the fan vote? The premier League big wigs appear to be putting together the shortlist then the fans vote on who goes in. Yes if a player is on the list that played for your team the chances are the fans will vote for them but it doesn't mean that fans of opposing teams will necessarily vote for them as well.

It's not like there's the free for all boaty mcboatface nomination - Emile heskey or something similar. It will be choose from a list of decent players :p

Soldato
I think limiting it to only 2 is going to cause a lot of complaints. There are so many players which could easily be deserving of being inducted it's going to be very difficult.

Also if it's a voting system, what happens next year? All the losers from this year just roll over?

Soldato
Nevilles trophy haul is insane.

1 treble, 2 doubles, 8 premier leagues, 3 fa cups, two champions leagues, a club World Cup and more. Must be the best trophy haul in premier league history.

You really can't think of anyone who might have won more? Like his teammate Giggs for instance who played in the same team every season Neville did plus some more before and after him? ;)

The reason to avoid fan vote isn't so much unconscious individual bias in my opinion. It's fan groups mobilising themselves via forums to deliberately bias a vote. Such as what happened with the stand at the Etihad nearly being called the 'Bell End'.

Back
Top Bottom