• HomePod mini - Yes

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • HomePod mini - No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HomePod mini - Possibly, I'll wait and see what the reviews are like first

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
As of the newest update, if you ask Siri to play some white noise sounds you have 8 different continuous ambient background noises available to fill the silence - actual white noise, fireplace, forest animal noises, nighttime animal noises, rain, ocean and stream.

Can't get this to work at all - what do you specifically have to say to it ? Iv tried variations of what you're saying and never finds anything except white noise which I don't want.

Soldato
Just got a 2nd homepod - adore the sound quality, however I CANNOT seem to get them to pair and work - it says they are paired but they are not - only is playing, and sometimes says can't connect, any ideas?

Update: I can get them to pair if THEY are the source of the audio, if I ask apple music for example, but if i try to airplay to them from my MBP 2016 running catalina it will only play on one speaker despite it 'seeing' the pair

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got a 2nd homepod - adore the sound quality, however I CANNOT seem to get them to pair and work - it says they are paired but they are not - only is playing, and sometimes says can't connect, any ideas?

Update: I can get them to pair if THEY are the source of the audio, if I ask apple music for example, but if i try to airplay to them from my MBP 2016 running catalina it will only play on one speaker despite it 'seeing' the pair

I have had similar and I find resetting both homepods and starting fresh sorts it out.

Soldato
I have had similar and I find resetting both homepods and starting fresh sorts it out.

Done that, got it working with music but it seems i cant use stereo pairs as the system wide audio source? It only sees from an app that sees airplay?

Anytime I try and select audio from a general audio source in osx - its just one or the other speaker, is that right ? Have reset the homepods and restarted the mbp etc

Soldato
Done that, got it working with music but it seems i cant use stereo pairs as the system wide audio source? It only sees from an app that sees airplay?

Anytime I try and select audio from a general audio source in osx - its just one or the other speaker, is that right ? Have reset the homepods and restarted the mbp etc
You can’t set paired HomePods as an output source on MacOS. It’s stupid.

Soldato
I have a 15% discount code from Very (think I can name them as OCUK don't sell homepods) who are selling the homepod for £199.

Now I'm home working, I fancy having some music (already using apple music) in the background, and maybe the radio too.

Does anyone have one, appreciate your thoughts

Cheers

Soldato
I have a 15% discount code from Very (think I can name them as OCUK don't sell homepods) who are selling the homepod for £199.

Now I'm home working, I fancy having some music (already using apple music) in the background, and maybe the radio too.

Does anyone have one, appreciate your thoughts

Cheers

I have one, its great, although I wouldn't say I listen to it as much as I could, more often than not I pop my AirPods in instead.

With Apple music just a case of saying "hey Siri" play "insert song/band here". I just like the ease of use.

I have never tried radio on it so unsure what services you can get from that.

Soldato
I've got three, one in my kitchen and a stereo air in my living room. I use them all the time for music and for HomeKit tasks. I wouldn't be without them at all now either, the sound output and the microphone arrays are really impressive.

Also with the software updates they are improving with every major iOS release.

Soldato
Has Apple updated the internals of these since they were released? It seems Homepods have been out for a while and it would be a shame if they went the way of Sonos in a couple of years.

At £199 I quite like the look of them, but I dot from iOS to Android, so wouldn't be able to take full advantage.

Soldato
Has Apple updated the internals of these since they were released? It seems Homepods have been out for a while and it would be a shame if they went the way of Sonos in a couple of years.

At £199 I quite like the look of them, but I dot from iOS to Android, so wouldn't be able to take full advantage.

The HomePod hasn’t been updated hardware wise since it was released. With the way iOS is supported I would think and hope it will continue to receive software for many years yet.

As I mentioned above with regular software updates they are improving with every major iOS release.

Soldato
Not as far as I know.

Out of interest, who's got them for £199?

Looks like it’s on offer on:

Very: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/apple-homepod-space-greywhite
Argos: https://www.argos.co.uk/browse/tech.../brands:apple/?tag=ar:homepodshop:homepod:buy
John Lewis: https://www.johnlewis.com/apple-homepod/p3417359?searchTerm=homepod
Ao: https://ao.com/product/mqhw2ba-appl...s - Brand&WT.z_AG=CE - Smart Speakers - Apple

If you are considering going down the stereo pair route, I recommend it as they sound fantastic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom