Road Cycling

Soldato
Picked my time to get power meter for the TT and winter bike! Hahah perfect weather and all British Cycling postponed until middle of the year now!

Glad I held off buying the P2M for my summer bike though, getting the Quarq on my TT didn’t cost me anything after I sold the old cranks and the old Rotor.

Caporegime
Wondering if I'm being a bit too cautious here. So I'm looking at the Suito, which comes with a 11-28 and I'm currently running a 11-34. Will it work with the chain slack, or would a new cassete be the best move?

If o I might get the Tacx Flux S.

Soldato
If it works with an 11-34 then I see no reason why it won’t work with an 11-28.

The biggest gear is the same still (50-11) and your 34 presumable has a 28 maybe second or third down the block & it works fine with that.

If it was the other way round then yeah your chain could be too short but think you’ll be fine.

Caporegime
If it works with an 11-34 then I see no reason why it won’t work with an 11-28.

The biggest gear is the same still (50-11) and your 34 presumable has a 28 maybe second or third down the block & it works fine with that.

If it was the other way round then yeah your chain could be too short but think you’ll be fine.

Sweet, didn't think it'd be too much of an issue.

Just possibly adjusting the mech everytime but it's not that bad.

Soldato
Oh joy! We've closed the shutters and just working to get the bikes that are in the shop fixed and collected. We're not taking any bikes in, friends on anyone.

Boss doesn't want it, I don't want it and people seem incapable of not being selfish pricks.

Should be able to stay shut for a good amount of time to let this virus pass.

Since we are still allowed to cycle I may bring the Cannondale home for a wee shot of it.

Soldato
Wondering if I'm being a bit too cautious here. So I'm looking at the Suito, which comes with a 11-28 and I'm currently running a 11-34. Will it work with the chain slack, or would a new cassete be the best move?

If o I might get the Tacx Flux S.

You're choosing a trainer based on cassette ratio?

Surely the Suito's cassette could be changed if it's an issue.

Caporegime
You're choosing a trainer based on cassette ratio?

Surely the Suito's cassette could be changed if it's an issue.

No, it comes with a cassette.

So if I could keep it on without too much of an issue I'd keep it on. If not I'd buy another at the same time. The price difference and reviews are simlar so it would just make a deciding factor was all.

Soldato
No, it comes with a cassette.

So if I could keep it on without too much of an issue I'd keep it on. If not I'd buy another at the same time. The price difference and reviews are simlar so it would just make a deciding factor was all.

I can see your point as the Zumo + cassette is pretty much the same price as the Suito. Even with the cost of a new cassette the Suito would only be £600, still cheaper than a Kicker Core. I’ve not heard good things about the Tacx Flux S.

I’ve gone for the Suito as it looks super compact. My house is tiny so that was a big factor for me. Free cassette is just a bonus!

Soldato
Have you guys seen the new route planning on the Strava app? Seems really good. (Explore --> Explore Routes) Tell it distance, surface type, gradient preference and it plots three routes for you based on what roads people like to use. Going to try one today :)

Caporegime
I can see your point as the Zumo + cassette is pretty much the same price as the Suito. Even with the cost of a new cassette the Suito would only be £600, still cheaper than a Kicker Core. I’ve not heard good things about the Tacx Flux S.

I’ve gone for the Suito as it looks super compact. My house is tiny so that was a big factor for me. Free cassette is just a bonus!

Went to buy before work this morning, out of stock everywhere :p

Oh well.

It seems EVERY turbo trainer is out of stock!!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah people started panic buying the last week! I've got one on order from Tredz that should be in stock on 20/04 but we'll see how that pans out and if it'll even get delivered!

Crazy, should've ordered one a while back but obviously I wasn't thinking. Oh well. I'll just be careful/fat.

Soldato
I was having a lovely ride into town, then had a disaster on Bishops Avenue (how is the most expensive street in the UK, the one with the worse road surface?!) with something hitting my spokes and ripping 3 or 4 of them out! I assume this is just a 'replace the wheel' scenario? :(

ncco7SDh.jpg

MZGWxhDh.jpg

I can only see them being sold in pairs, which is going to be expensive. I've mailed Canyon for a quote on just the front wheel. We'll see what they say. Looks like I need to put the good wheels back on the felt for now!

Back
Top Bottom