What item did you want but never came to the market?

Soldato
I'll start off the thread by saying a multi-disc dvd/blu-ray player.

I think there has been ones made, though I've only ever seen it with music cd's on a hifi player.

I've always wondered why there was never a premium product on the market with dvd/blu-ray players, especially with so many boxsets containing multiple discs these days.

If I binge watch a tv show boxset they usually only have 6 episodes per disc, so I have to keep getting up and changing the disc.

As anyone else wanted a device that was either never invented or never came on the market available for you to buy? Or if it did was it too expensive?

Associate
Not so much an item, but a game called The Getaway was supposed to get a second iteration on PS3, it kept getting delayed and was eventually shelved. Looked forward to that for a long time!

Soldato
I have the nvidia shield portable and it's great. I was always hoping for a second one that had better specs and a larger screen with ironed out bugs.

It would have been awesome but never happened

Associate
Definitely a hoverboard.
Also a time machine.
Or the thing from the Matrix where you plug something in to your head and you put a minidisc in to the player and you know that thing (that was on the disc).
Orrr, the drug from Limitless which enabled you to unlock the full potential of your brain.

Soldato
Found a salt version: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Premier-Housewares-Squeeze-Salt-Grinder/dp/B004P3A44K but alas it is impossible to find one for pepper. Keep dreaming.

Looks like a speculum. I can imagine female dinner guests cringing in terror when I pull that out.

I'm looking for something that is a more conventional barrel/cylinder shape. Hold the cylinder and squeeze a small but solid trigger. The tigger would be like some of those on windup torches.

Man of Honour
Back in 1985 I put down a £500 deposit for a new recording studio multi-tracker called the Cutec Octette.
It was an eight track recorder that used a Betamax video recorder and video tapes (good idea although it was Betamax).
It was 1987 when I got a letter saying it wasn't possible to build and they sent my money back plus interest I'd lost.
I went out and bought an 8 track Fostex A8 reel to reel instead.
I've found this one article from 1985 where it mentions it - http://www.muzines.co.uk/articles/whats-new/6346

Back
Top Bottom