Custom DIY Cooler for Ryzen Build

Associate
I have been experimenting with my own DIY custom cooling solutions, decided to grab an old Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heatsink and attach x2 Wraith Stealth coolers to it. I will be testing the custom cooler this week sometime by running a few Cinebench tests and using Ryzen Master to keep tabs on the temps etc.... I intend on trying to push the stock core clocks higher on my 3600, realistically 4.2Ghz or higher if possible, will see how it goes. I will be documenting the process and hopefully its successful. This is strictly for fun and experimental purposes. Have a few ideas for custom cooling solutions. Assembly of the custom DIY cooler below.

Associate
Umm, custom Diy cooler ? , you mean bodge a smaller fan onto a 120 mm cooler ? , why not sell the 2 Wraith coolers and buy 2 120 mm fans that will do a better job ? :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Umm, custom Diy cooler ? , you mean bodge a smaller fan onto a 120 mm cooler ? , why not sell the 2 Wraith coolers and buy 2 120 mm fans that will do a better job ? :confused:

Yeah, not sure if I'm missing something here but that's what it seems like to me.

Don't mean to be rude OP but I really don't get what you're doing, and a couple of different fans on a cooler isn't particularly 'custom'?

Soldato
Looks like both fans are pushing air into 212, one on front and one on back. This means the only places the air they push into cooler fins is out of each of the narrow side of cooler. This is not going to flow air very good. This setup has no way of keeping cool case intake air from being mixed with heated air coming out of cooler, so air fans push into cooler will get warmer and hotter every time it goes through cooler fins.

The key to good cooling is supplying component cooler with air as close as possible to room temp.
This means we need to keep the heated air coming off of coolers from mixing with cool intake air going to coolers.

In other words your cooler (and cooling) idea is seriously flawed and so is the airflow to and from cooler.

You might find guide to how airflow works and how t optimize case airflow of interest. Hopefully it will help you understand better.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-i-put-my-temp-sensor.18564223/#post-26159770

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom