• HomePod mini - Yes

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • HomePod mini - No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HomePod mini - Possibly, I'll wait and see what the reviews are like first

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
The HomePod hasn’t been updated hardware wise since it was released. With the way iOS is supported I would think and hope it will continue to receive software for many years yet.

Well this is what made me suspicious about Sonos stopping updates for their earlier models. I mean how much CPU does it take to run these things? Not much, surely.

Soldato
Well this is what made me suspicious about Sonos stopping updates for their earlier models. I mean how much CPU does it take to run these things? Not much, surely.

The HomePod uses the Apple A8, so it's has a powerful cpu for a speaker. I think Apple does a good job optimising iOS on their hardware.....considering iOS 13 runs on a iPhone 6s.

Soldato
I have a 15% discount code from Very (think I can name them as OCUK don't sell homepods) who are selling the homepod for £199.

Now I'm home working, I fancy having some music (already using apple music) in the background, and maybe the radio too.

Does anyone have one, appreciate your thoughts

Cheers
I wanted a speaker as I'm WFH now too. Got a MBP and an iPhone so thought why not and bought a HomePod from John Lewis at £199 for my birthday. I have to say it sounds fantastic for the size. Very pleased with the sound.

Soldato
I wanted a speaker as I'm WFH now too. Got a MBP and an iPhone so thought why not and bought a HomePod from John Lewis at £199 for my birthday. I have to say it sounds fantastic for the size. Very pleased with the sound.

Mine turned up today. Royal Mail sent it to the wrong town on Friday so had to wait a little longer. The Sound is fantastic. It's not bass heavy, but it does keep clear when the volume is turned up.

Can't expect miracles at that size, so I think they've done well to make it sound as good as it does.

Soldato
Mine turned up today. Royal Mail sent it to the wrong town on Friday so had to wait a little longer. The Sound is fantastic. It's not bass heavy, but it does keep clear when the volume is turned up.

Can't expect miracles at that size, so I think they've done well to make it sound as good as it does.
I think the bass is tremendous for its size, and I think sometimes it might be a bit strong. Different tastes and room acoustics I suppose.

I think I've made a mistake though, it was for my piano room/wfh office. And now I think the girlfriend wants one for the kitchen/lounge :eek:.

Also looks like we got one in the nick of time. The price at John Lewis has already gone back up to £279.

Soldato
I think the bass is tremendous for its size, and I think sometimes it might be a bit strong. Different tastes and room acoustics I suppose.

I think I've made a mistake though, it was for my piano room/wfh office. And now I think the girlfriend wants one for the kitchen/lounge :eek:.

Also looks like we got one in the nick of time. The price at John Lewis has already gone back up to £279.

Damn your right, I just checked Very and they are back up to £279.

Associate
can this be used on the MacBook for regular sound yet ?

what I mean is without having to keep selecting it as the source :)

Last edited:
Associate
I’ve got mine boxed up now and will sell it off at some point.

Nothing wrong with it per se, but using Google Assistant more now and have Sonos stuff which is more platform friendly in the living room.

Associate
Anyone picked one up at the £199 price point?

Having a change of heart selling mine off now and have to say I’m very tempted to grab another one! Haha

Soldato
Anyone picked one up at the £199 price point?

Having a change of heart selling mine off now and have to say I’m very tempted to grab another one! Haha

If you are going down the road of a stereo pair, then you won’t be disappointed! They are fantastic in stereo mode.

Soldato
Well it would be for the bedroom as I’ve got a Sonos 5.0 in the living room at present.

And ordered! The bedroom will be delighted.

Nice! I've got three in the house, a stereo pair in my Livingroom and a single in my Kitchen. They are great speakers and for the current price you can't go wrong, just glad got my friends discount on my three now!
Using Airplay between HomePods and Apple Music is a really good and a seamless experience. I've also got HomeKit/Homebridge devices setup and controlling scenes/devices with it is great!

Associate
Nice! I've got three in the house, a stereo pair in my Livingroom and a single in my Kitchen. They are great speakers and for the current price you can't go wrong, just glad got my friends discount on my three now!
Using Airplay between HomePods and Apple Music is a really good and a seamless experience. I've also got HomeKit/Homebridge devices setup and controlling scenes/devices with it is great!

Yep, covered everywhere in the house now on the Audio/Airplay front (Sonos in living room, Homepods in Kitchen and Bedroom) now. Think I'd have kicked myself if I didn't pick one up at that price.

Back
Top Bottom