Anyone else seeing long Royal Mail delays?

Consigliere
Sounds like somebody needs to stop making assumptions. I don’t have to justify myself to you but 2 of the packages are presents for my 2 year-old from her grandparents who miss her like crazy!!

Maybe if people only posted when they had something positive to say then the world be a nicer place? People like you are the reason I don’t come onto OCUK much any more.

You're asking for trouble though with a thread like this! :p

I have seen a lot of recruitment though (incl Royal Mail) so should ease back to normal soon.

Associate
My postie is only coming every couple of days.

Parcelforce (the parcel delivery arm) are completely useless and being a bit dishonest about delays and I've had something Sat with them for over a week now.

Associate
Our concierge is no longer accepting packages, so we've been having issues recently.

The postman and any delivery guy is simply not ringing our flat numbers to be let into the building, so I've had a couple of packages returned to sender :(

Caporegime
Clearly I’m aware that these are difficult times and there are going to be delays, but what’s everyone else’s experience of RM delivery times at the moment?

I know of at least 4 items we’re expecting at home which were posted more than 5 days ago (one was posted 11 days ago) and none of them have arrived yet.

Are we just really unlucky, or are the possible reduced service levels RM are reporting on their website playing the situation down somewhat?

no issues here but i heard a guy say at the post office if 1 person catches it their whole office will be shut for weeks.

so looks like someone got it in your local office.

also a lot of places aren't actually posting stuff out they are shut.

parcelforce collected like 14 parcels from my home today and i only set it up yesterday so they are bang on at the moment.

Man of Honour
Got my weekly coffee delivery on saturday as normal, early afternoon instead of about 10am, but that's about it.

Although, the lack of junk mail is absolutely lovely.

Soldato
Got my weekly coffee delivery on saturday as normal, early afternoon instead of about 10am, but that's about it.

Although, the lack of junk mail is absolutely lovely.

Yeah they really need to kill junk mail off at the moment, massive waste of time receiving it normally, and even more so now.

I hope my FF7 pre-order arrives for release date though still! that's on the 10th.

Soldato
I’m still getting junk mail and leaflets from Royal Mail. Also had a few menus and leaflets delivered by random people. Really should be stopped at the moment with what’s going on.

Permabanned
"Anyone else seeing long Royal Mail delays?"

Are you basing this on overhearing your missis telling her sister on the phone that the postman "takes a long time to come". :p

Permabanned
^^ I prefer Amazon for stuff like that esp for returns if duff and again esp with Prime next day Del.

EB for certain things but not my primary place for new items.

Caporegime
Yup ordered a thermometer off ebay 10 days ago, not arrived yet. Bit late now as we've both recovered!!

I ordered mine from china and it arrived within 10 days. I wanted a branded one everything on ebay/amazon was either unbranded or if it was branded it was like £60. so i ordered chinas biggest brand xiaomi instead on aliexpress.

cheap as chips too compared to a branded one here. i wouldn't trust an unbranded one with my life.

Commissario
^^ I prefer Amazon for stuff like that esp for returns if duff and again esp with Prime next day Del.

EB for certain things but not my primary place for new items.
I would've done the same, but couldn't find a thermometer for under £50 on Amazon at the time!

Back
Top Bottom