*** Half-Life: Alyx ***

Soldato
What kind of grunt do you need for VR these days?

I like the look of this but figure I will need some wallet busting kit to run it decently?

Got a new laptop coming soon, 6gb1660ti, i7, 16gb ram, nvme ssd etc. Are my chances good, fair, poor or none? :p

Soldato
'Welcome to the Grid, Program!'

'Buckle up Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is going bye-bye!'

Ended up on beat saber most of the night as it turns out the other half loves it, finally managed to load this up though and spent half hour just messing around, probably would do the same section in less then 2 minutes if it wasn’t VR, it’s unbelievable!

whats everyone’s movement preference? Using the default teleport? I tried using the stick to move but instantly felt weird haha!

Soldato
Ended up on beat saber most of the night as it turns out the other half loves it, finally managed to load this up though and spent half hour just messing around, probably would do the same section in less then 2 minutes if it wasn’t VR, it’s unbelievable!

whats everyone’s movement preference? Using the default teleport? I tried using the stick to move but instantly felt weird haha!

I have a VR headset for 4 years now and I still spent 15-20 minutes on the Balcony looking around!!

The safest option is Teleporting. It is much easier on the stomach. But, if you have a strong stomach, then you could try the stick movement. It takes a while to get used to though. The important thing is, if you start to feel sick, don't try to push through. Just stop, take off the headset and wait a few minutes until the queasy feeling completely passes. Then try again.

It's called building your VR legs. The mistake most people make is try to keep playing when they start to feel nauseous. This just makes it worse. Stop, take a break and return later on.

Soldato
I have a VR headset for 4 years now and I still spent 15-20 minutes on the Balcony looking around!!

The safest option is Teleporting. It is much easier on the stomach. But, if you have a strong stomach, then you could try the stick movement. It takes a while to get used to though. The important thing is, if you start to feel sick, don't try to push through. Just stop, take off the headset and wait a few minutes until the queasy feeling completely passes. Then try again.

It's called building your VR legs. The mistake most people make is try to keep playing when they start to feel nauseous. This just makes it worse. Stop, take a break and return later on.
Have you got used to stick movement then ?

Soldato
Sooo... is anybody running this with an old 2500k and or 980ti? Just wondering if it's even worth me trying lol, cpu is running at 4.4ghz so should be faster than min recommended spec but it is that much older could be other issues.

Soldato
I used stick movement from the start. I was used to it from other games. As I said I have been using a VR headset for almost 4 years now.
Yeah you will be used to it then, I have kept it at teleport for now will try get used to it in future, feels weird enough climbing up ladders haha so cool though. This game is just ridiculously good!

Soldato
Welp, I've just got to the chapter titled 'Jeff'. Looks like I'm only playing in the daytime now, in company.
How do you know what the chapters are called ?

This was bad enough for me how much worse does it get hahaha ?
on the bloody train in the first part of the game I nearly ripped my headset off when one of them smashed into a window behind me haha ..

l0z

l0z

Associate
How do you know what the chapters are called ?

On each Save file it tells you chapter name and number. And yes, it gets worse, much worse. Thankfully not in terms of jump scares, but the atmosphere of some levels is terrifying (to me at least!). I think part of the reason for the inclusion of Rhys Darby, as well as the jokey tone of Alyx's dialogue, is to lighten the mood. City 17 is just too grim to spend time in otherwise.

Soldato
On each Save file it tells you chapter name and number. And yes, it gets worse, much worse. Thankfully not in terms of jump scares, but the atmosphere of some levels is terrifying (to me at least!). I think part of the reason for the inclusion of Rhys Darby, as well as the jokey tone of Alyx's dialogue, is to lighten the mood. City 17 is just too grim to spend time in otherwise.
Cheers will look out for that then..

And oh Christ, it’s not as if you can play with the light on either is it haha !

Back
Top Bottom