Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Trump’s obsession with Hydroxychloroquine is starting to get suspicious. He just can’t let it go and suggested tonight that medical staff should take it as a preventative measure. Who would be shocked if it turned out Trump or his family had bought stock in the company that makes it?

Commissario
Trump’s obsession with Hydroxychloroquine is starting to get suspicious. He just can’t let it go and suggested tonight that medical staff should take it as a preventative measure. Who would be shocked if it turned out Trump or his family had bought stock in the company that makes it?
I certainly wouldn't.

If it's the drug I think it is, it's a got some really nasty side effects* so unless you really have to you don't want to take it ever, let alone because some idiot who isn't smart enough to not look directly at the sun is recommending it.

*IIRC they include blindness, lung damage (what you really want when you're taking it because is may help with a disease that affects the lungs...), and heart attacks, and that's before the interactions with other drugs.

Man of Honour

It's not on patent, so any drug manufacturing company can make it and it's easy to make, so it costs buttons. e.g. the NHS pays £5 for a month's worth. Your obsession with Trump creates your suspicions. It's a common reason for conspiracy blathering. Like the "Are we awake yet" post from the previous page, for example. When a person starts with the belief that The Bad Thing is Bad they are very likely to conclude that The Bad Thing is doing Bad Things. If you can't see them doing it, that must mean they're doing it secretly!

If it's the drug I think it is, it's a got some really nasty side effects* so unless you really have to you don't want to take it ever, let alone because some idiot who isn't smart enough to not look directly at the sun is recommending it.

*IIRC they include blindness, lung damage (what you really want when you're taking it because is may help with a disease that affects the lungs...), and heart attacks, and that's before the interactions with other drugs.

I think you're thinking of some other drug. There's a whole slew of possible side effects from hydroxychloroquine and some of them are very bad, but they don't include lung damage and heart attacks. I agree that "unless you really have to you don't want to take it", but it has been very widely used so there's plenty of evidence regarding side effects. Short term low dose use carries a very low risk. Maybe lower than the risk of being medical staff at the moment. Using it appropriately in controlled doses for a limited time under medical supervision is fine. The side effects will probably be unpleasant (nausea, diarrhoea, headache) rather than dangerous. But the idea of taking it as a preventative measure for covid-19 is, to put it politely, not being suggested by people who have a clue.

https://www.drugs.com/monograph/hydroxychloroquine-sulfate.html has some info that appears to be reliable. It was written for pharmacists.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Yet he continues to peddle this talking point but not take any responsibility if people do stupid things acting upon it. Quite descriptive today, "very strong and powerful drug" is the best he could come up with. Dr Fauci will no doubt get a lot of backlash and death threats for daring to speak factually and contradict the President. Look at how "badly" he reacted when the reporter asked the same question to the expert. Clearly didnt like to be questioned and just labelled it "Fake News". This is a case where real science clashes with Trump reality.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's not on patent, so any drug manufacturing company can make it and it's easy to make, so it costs buttons. e.g. the NHS pays £5 for a month's worth. Your obsession with Trump creates your suspicions. It's a common reason for conspiracy blathering. Like the "Are we awake yet" post from the previous page, for example. When a person starts with the belief that The Bad Thing is Bad they are very likely to conclude that The Bad Thing is doing Bad Things. If you can't see them doing it, that must mean they're doing it secretly!

I think you're thinking of some other drug. There's a whole slew of possible side effects from hydroxychloroquine and some of them are very bad, but they don't include lung damage and heart attacks. I agree that "unless you really have to you don't want to take it", but it has been very widely used so there's plenty of evidence regarding side effects. Short term low dose use carries a very low risk. Maybe lower than the risk of being medical staff at the moment. Using it appropriately in controlled doses for a limited time under medical supervision is fine. The side effects will probably be unpleasant (nausea, diarrhoea, headache) rather than dangerous. But the idea of taking it as a preventative measure for covid-19 is, to put it politely, not being suggested by people who have a clue.

https://www.drugs.com/monograph/hydroxychloroquine-sulfate.html has some info that appears to be reliable. It was written for pharmacists.

see you say that and then I wake up this morning and it appears Trump’s administration is buying from a company Novartis. The same company that paid Cohen 1.2m for access to Trump.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1QG2DU

perhaps this is all innocent but his obsession when his medical advisors are telling people there is no solid evidence yet is odd. Although he’s an idiot so there is that.

Soldato
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/05/...greement/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Trump has an ulterior motive for pushing this.

I can think of either monetary reasons, and we're talking about the biggest grifter out there.

The other is that he believes he will be proclaimed a genius saviour of the world for his foresight in the face of all science. We know he's an idiotic, science denying narcissist.

My money's on both.

Soldato
Can we see a class action against Fox News and bankrupt it once and for all please. If your can bankrupt Murdoch as well that would be ace.

That person more stupid then a bunch of rocks. But lets look at the facts. Taken from the CDC

"Overall, the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year."

I've never seen him do silly videos on that.....

Soldato
That person more stupid then a bunch of rocks. But lets look at the facts. Taken from the CDC

"Overall, the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year."

I've never seen him do silly videos on that.....

if this isn’t dangerous and flu is more/as dangerous why did Trump and Fox suddenly change their tune halfway through March? It’s just like flu right? Just a few cases, soon be zero? More chance of standing on a heroin needle than catching Coronavirus right? It’s just like the common cold right?

Soldato
Deuse and the other TDF are some of the most disingenuous people i have seen on this forum.

I visit many sources of news and various forums and have seen both sides debating and arguing, one thing I noticed is that TDF's word for word always tend to quote and say the same things.

Its always the same remarks the same arguments, almost as if they are getting these quotes directly from the same source or sources.

Actual Parrots.

Soldato
What do you think of the people on your side that keep repeating the same proven lies such as the Trump working with Russians/Putin's puppet debunked conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom