*** Half-Life: Alyx ***

At chapter 3 now, all the memories of playing original Half Life come flooding back, brilliant.
Playing with 4770k @ 4ghz, 16gig ram and 1080ti on high settings and runs great though it does say I'm running it at above recommended settings, have not tried ultra settings.

Soldato
Playing with 4770k @ 4ghz, 16gig ram and 1080ti on high settings and runs great though it does say I'm running it at above recommended settings, have not tried ultra settings.

https://i2.wp.com/babeltechreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Unconstrained-FPS.jpg?ssl=1

If you've an Index you can ram it to 144hz high on that 1080. Next time I log it, ill check out the ultra at that frequency having had no issues with performance at 120. I can't wait to see more games pick up on the engine, visuals are great and performance is rock solid.

Soldato
And completed.

Even though I still don't own my own headset, I really hope this game gives other developers/publishers some courage to explore VR.

Soldato
People are finishing this pretty quickly!!

I am taking my time and only playing it for an hour or so a day. Sometimes even skipping a day. I really want to make the experience last as long as possible.

Soldato
I don't know how good your VR legs are but just a friendly warning!! Boneworks is really tough on the stomach.

quickly moved onto the stick movement on half life rather then teleport and I’m doing ok, by time I’ve finished this should have my “VR” legs haha ... Just had to take a 5 minute break though due to sweating, a head crap jumped out of me from no where and latched onto my face! Might have to take out my earphones!

Don
So I've got a Vive 1. I'm assuming that good enough? Do I have to play this in my lounge? Or can desk based work? Moving my rig is quite problematic.

I'm using a first generation Vive with no problems at all.

As for desk based, at the very minimum you want "standing room" and even then you'll struggle a bit. I play in 2mx2m and I regularly exceed the boundaries. Seated gameplay just won't work properly.

Soldato
So I've got a Vive 1. I'm assuming that good enough? Do I have to play this in my lounge? Or can desk based work? Moving my rig is quite problematic.

Yeah, that's good enough. But you would really need to be able to stand and turn around at the very least.

Back
Top Bottom