Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Mine is downloading @ 3.4mb's on my 200mb Fibre lol.

Mine is also about 16GB.

I hope we get no more updates for at least 3 months after this.

BTW I was having really bad crashes all the time but the past two days I was able to play Normal Multiplayer and Warzone with no issues. I tried every fix I could find on Reddit and applied them all but nothing seemed to work.

What seems to be working now is this - I load the game, I alt-tab to taskbar and set the game as low priority for CPU and then I let the game install all shaders for multiplayer, campaign and coop and then I go options/graphics and reinstall shaders again. This whole process only takes about 2 minutes each time I launch the game but it's worth it because it doesn't seem to crash as long as I change these settings.

Maybe the crashing to desktop after 5 minutes of play is something to do with old CPU's like mine struggling and also with the shaders not installing properly in the background. I must say though the crashing to desktop I have experienced with this game is like nothing I have ever experienced throughout my entire lifetime playing games on PC.

I just wanted to add that I Bought this game on release and played on and off for a while but recently I've got really into this game at lot. I'm at home on lockdown and I've been home for 3 weeks so far and this game is amazing! To me this is the best game I've played in a decade. I love the single player and the multiplayer and now I also love Warzone. I seriously love this game!

I read in this thread many people are fed up with this game or sick of cheaters. I've not experienced any cheaters when playing as of yet. I've had about 10 games of Warzone solo and squad over past 2 days, I managed to come 8th place Solo and 2nd as part of a squad with 2 german guys.

I was like a big kid last night! I was so excited, so happy when we came 2nd place!!! I hated all the previous cod games since the original modern warfare but they have finally redeemed themselves this time in my eyes! I just love CoD once again.

I quit CS:GO about 9 months ago and I also quit BF5 about 6 months ago. So now I only play Apex and CoD - multiplayer/Warzone.

I want to get seriously into this game now, level up all weapons, learn every map, I want to become the best of the best! lol

I'm currently trying to get my 2 friends that I play Apex with to install this game and play it with me.

Is Warzone no longer free now then? How much will it cost for my friends to play with me?

Also, I really hope that this new patch doesn't bring back crash to desktop problem. I have an old I5 4690k with 16gb DDR memory, M.2 and RTX 2080. The game runs butter smooth, high fps, no issues (for the moment).

If any of you guys have a discord and your happy to let me join you on a night I'd much appreciate it. I'm Scott, 36 from UK, I don't think I'll let you down, I came 2nd place last night with 2 german guys and I think they were impressed. I probably got about 8 kills during that match using a sniper and smg. Also would be great to speak to a bunch of like minded people who love this game and are happy to share knowledge/tactics. I play pretty much 7 nights per week from 9pm to 1am.

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed they are terrible. 100mb virgin media connection currently downloads this patch at (drum roll) 127.20 kb/s with 15.69 gig to go. omg.

Might be finished by christmas at this rate...:mad:

Pah! What sort of speed is that? I'm cruising along at a breakneck 127.89KB/s. Made me feel better, at least.

Hah. my bragging made my speed drop to 40.93KB/s

Soldato
Sorry those who added me, i've had a spring clean as a bunch of mates added me

This happened on my first quad game of Battle Royale!

X8ofe79h.jpg
NtUBdsOh.jpg
S5uHaFFh.jpg

Also, there was no white flashing which I usually only saw on the end when solo/team were choppered out the Warzone

Soldato
Every time I visit this thread I see yet more stupidly big updates, :(

The joy of modern internet. Latest update was downloaded and ready to play within 10-15 mins. New large cut scene, bugs fixed, new game modes whats not to like.
Game patches in the past have taken a lot longer than 10-15 mins to download and install for me (less GB/MB but slower internet 10-20 years ago)

Soldato
The joy of modern internet. Latest update was downloaded and ready to play within 10-15 mins. New large cut scene, bugs fixed, new game modes whats not to like.
Game patches in the past have taken a lot longer than 10-15 mins to download and install for me (less GB/MB but slower internet 10-20 years ago)
I can get them quick enough that's not an issue I just think it's stupid how many times this bloody game is patched and the fact each one is over 10gb!

Soldato
The last one before this was 150MB

To be fair that was certainly an exception and not the rule. It's basically always massive updates for this game and it is annoying.

I've been downloading since about 10am... 13.7GB remaining whilst I'm getting speeds of 291.75KB/s

It is a bit of a urine take.

Back
Top Bottom