Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Don't get how Warzone is getting any praise, it's awful but each to there own.

I still enjoy normal MP on this had few games last night, shotgun is still crazy powerful but also fun so don't mind

Hardpoint is still one of my favourite go to modes

Soldato
I am also worried about this. I play duo with my son and we can manage three person teams just about, but quads are going to decimate us. Why not just have a massive deathmatch? It seems pointless to penalise people who want to work in smaller squads. Where will it end up? 5 person teams? 8? 10?

So just use team fill. Me and a friend just played with two random guys and did quite well. They were foreign, middle eastern I think but we all worked together and came 15th.

The game Squad, where you work as a squad with different classes has 5 or 6 I believe. For me, 4 is perfect for an action fps. More and its too much chaos, less and its boring.

Now all 4 can get in jeep, 2s in buggys but you still have to careful (of rockets, c4 etc.)
A game yesterady me and my 3 random team mates were in a jeep, I decided to jump out early because there was another team firing on us. The next thing, i watch from the hills and see the jeep explode with them all in it. So, also easy for whole teams to be decimated. I ended up getting a couple of kills before being spotted and sniped

Soldato
I am also worried about this. I play duo with my son and we can manage three person teams just about, but quads are going to decimate us. Why not just have a massive deathmatch? It seems pointless to penalise people who want to work in smaller squads. Where will it end up? 5 person teams? 8? 10?

I agree they could have kept 3 player squads and added 4 player. Any time they add something they shouldn't remove whats already there as we already enjoy it.

Soldato
What have you found so far / anything attempted?

I've only had one crash so far playing COD MW since around release. This was when I played Warzone and I was using outdated Nvidia drivers

I'm the oppisite mate, I've been crashing from release. It used to be less frequent then now though, now it's all the time.

I've spent countless days/hours searching the net for information and fixes, I found a reddit post with a whole list of fixes, I've tried every fix in that thread and still no go.

But now all three of us are in this situation. I believe all three of us meet this games minimum and/or recommended specs.

We all have i5 CPU's and we all have windows 10, latest update with latest GPU drivers installed. Two of us have nvidia and one has AMD.

Soldato
Can everyone in this thread do me a favour and answer these questions:

1. Do you experience crashes in MW and if so how frequent?
  2. Have you played since release?
  3. What system spec do you have?
  4. Do you have latest windows 10 update installed?
I really want to know because for me this is my best game now and I really love it but it's annoying to crash to desktop 4/5 games each night. It means that I hardly get to play and spend hours browsing forums for fixing.

For those of you that have never had problems, you need to understand that this is extremely widespread. This game has something wrong with it, there must be like a massive portion of the community having this issue. I've played PC games my entire life and never experienced anything like it. The engine must have memory leaks or something.

I'm willing to do anything it takes to fix this game but at this point it feels like this might never be fixed by the devs.

These are the thread on reddit with fixes I've tried, you can see everyone else complaining, just like me:
https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/dooal3/pc_crashing_devs/
https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/fgs7y4/pc_crashing_fix_megalist_latest_update/
https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarf...ice_for_people_crashing_since_the_new_update/
https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarf.../fkih9pa/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarf...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Everytime I launch the game I have to go task manager and change CPU priority from High to low and I always wait for all shaders to install and then go to graphic options and choose "restart shader installation" and often this works and I'll get a game or two but still for the most part even this doesn't stop the crashes.

I have I5 4690k, 16GB DDR3 memory, M.2, RTX 2080 8GB, Windows 10 64bit latest update

Last edited:
Soldato

I really want to know because for me this is my best game now and I really love it but it's annoying to crash to desktop 4/5 games each night. It means that I hardly get to play and spend hours browsing forums for fixing.

For those of you that have never had problems, you need to understand that this is extremely widespread. This game has something wrong with it, there must be like a massive portion of the community having this issue. I've played PC games my entire life and never experienced anything like it. The engine must have memory leaks or something.

I'm willing to do anything it takes to fix this game but at this point it feels like this might never be fixed by the devs.

These are the thread on reddit with fixes I've tried, you can see everyone else complaining, just like me:
https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/dooal3/pc_crashing_devs/
https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/fgs7y4/pc_crashing_fix_megalist_latest_update/
https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarf...ice_for_people_crashing_since_the_new_update/
https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarf.../fkih9pa/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarf...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
1) Nope, not one single crash
2) Yes but I haven't played tons
3) Spec is in sig (I Haven't always used latest GPU drivers though if makes any diff)

Soldato
1) Nope, not one single crash
2) Yes but I haven't played tons
3) Spec is in sig (I Haven't always used latest GPU drivers though if makes any diff)

Thanks for your reply mate.

Your so lucky to have never experienced a single crash since release. You can't even begin to imagine the headache this has caused me and thousands of people like me.

Looking at your system spec I can see your CPU and memory is more modern then mine. I think the only part of my spec is which is higher then yours is my GPU and m.2 but I don't think that should make a differance.

I do worry about my 4690k struggling. I wonder if the CPU is a big factor in these crashes but I'm sure I've seen people on reddit with the latest intel CPU's saying they still crash to desktop.

EDIT: One thing I just thought is, I've always been on latest Nvidia drivers and I'm sure my game crashed less like 6+ months ago. I wonder if I can install an old driver to see if that makes a difference.

EDIT 2: Are you on latest version of windows?

Soldato

1. I've probably had about 2 crash-to-desktops in my time playing this game. I don't think i'm far from passing the 10 day playtime mark. I actually only remember 1 CTD but saying 2 to be generous.
2. I pre-ordered the game and bar 1 month where I played RDR2 instead I've played this game basically daily.
3. Nothing out of the world. RTX 2080, 16GB RAM and a i7 9700K. I run the game off of a SSD and play at 1440p. Currently on the latest Nvidia drivers. 445.75.

Edit: I've seen what you've said about CPU. I wouldn't bet against that as I've heard this is a CPU heavy game

Soldato
Thanks for your reply mate.

Your so lucky to have never experienced a single crash since release. You can't even begin to imagine the headache this has caused me and thousands of people like me.

Looking at your system spec I can see your CPU and memory is more modern then mine. I think the only part of my spec is which is higher then yours is my GPU and m.2 but I don't think that should make a differance.

I do worry about my 4690k struggling. I wonder if the CPU is a big factor in these crashes but I'm sure I've seen people on reddit with the latest intel CPU's saying they still crash to desktop.

EDIT: One thing I just thought is, I've always been on latest Nvidia drivers and I'm sure my game crashed less like 6+ months ago. I wonder if I can install an old driver to see if that makes a difference.

The drivers im using at the moment are 442.59, i only updated to these due to a game refusing to launch if i didnt, i really only update my gpu drivers if im getting issues if not i leave as is for most part.

I also have no overclock on my CPU (I know thats bad as its a K chip I just never bothered lol)

I'm swapping to AMD Ryzen in next few days though so ill let you know if i get any crashes once i swap over

Soldato
The drivers im using at the moment are 442.59, i only updated to these due to a game refusing to launch if i didnt, i really only update my gpu drivers if im getting issues if not i leave as is for most part.

I also have no overclock on my CPU (I know thats bad as its a K chip I just never bothered lol)

I'm swapping to AMD Ryzen in next few days though so ill let you know if i get any crashes once i swap over

I'm the same as you mate, I didn't overclock my i5 4690k either, I don't know how to overclock so just left it.

Do you have latest version of windows installed btw?

Soldato
1. I've probably had about 2 crash-to-desktops in my time playing this game. I don't think i'm far from passing the 10 day playtime mark. I actually only remember 1 CTD but saying 2 to be generous.
2. I pre-ordered the game and bar 1 month where I played RDR2 instead I've played this game basically daily.
3. Nothing out of the world. RTX 2080, 16GB RAM and a i7 9700K. I run the game off of a SSD and play at 1440p. Currently on the latest Nvidia drivers. 445.75.

Edit: I've seen what you've said about CPU. I wouldn't bet against that as I've heard this is a CPU heavy game

Thanks for your reply.

Your very lucky to not have this issue! lol

We have similiar specs but you have better CPU.

Do you have latest version of windows too?

And yeah regarding CPU, when I used to play BF5 I got bad fps and it seems to struggle with my CPU on low settings.

Where as other modern games like Metro Exodus run amazing on my PC even with RTX enabled. As does Apex legends and all my VR games like Half Life Alyx, Boneworks etc.

Soldato
Thanks for your reply.

Your very lucky to not have this issue! lol

We have similiar specs but you have better CPU.

Do you have latest version of windows too?

And yeah regarding CPU, when I used to play BF5 I got bad fps and it seems to struggle with my CPU on low settings.

Yeah everything is updated.

The only issue I've had with this game was the reflections when close to objects. Otherwise it's solid.

Soldato
answers below

1. Do you experience crashes in MW and if so how frequent? - No, only one crash
  2. Have you played since release? - No, i thought I had but only a few months. I didnt know it was relased last October
  3. What system spec do you have? - i7 [email protected], 16GB DDR3 RAM, Z97X-Gaming 7 MB, EVGA 1080Ti black gaming@stock. Nvidia 445.78 driver (driver only)
  4. Do you have latest windows 10 update installed? - Yes, Win10 pro, 1909 (OS build 18363.720)

Have you checked event viewer to see what's crashing?
Reset everything to stock clocks (GPU and CPU)
Any monitoring tools, uninstall them. I use MSI Afterburner (4.6.2) that's it
Basic drivers for everything, install none of the bloat/spyware crap

Associate
@SkScotchegg

The only times I encountered CTD's was when I had overclocked the GPU. If you are try default settings, failing that I'd created a custom profile using MSi Afterburner and reduce the clocks by 50/100Mhz each and see if the crashes continue.

Associate

4. Do you have latest windows 10 update installed?

1. Did have after updating AMD graphics drivers, strangely stopped after I turned overlay off in AMD driver and Discord.
2. Played Beta, stopped then purchased about 2/3weeks ago.
3. Ryzen 5 1600 @3700, RX480 8gig, 16gig DDR4, Windows 10 home, running system and game off seperate SSD's.
4. Yes.

Associate
Howdy Guys,

Do we have a list of Battlenet ID's anywhere as much like mentioned above with the move to 4 player squads I'm looking for some people to team up with. On most days at various times due to 'working from home' lol.

Cheers.

Battlenet: BigJohnnyQ#2292

Soldato
Oh, I would also add that I have been using an aggressive fan curve in MSI afterburner for years now.

I would put money on it being GPU temp related or spikes in GPU temp causing everyone crashes.

Stock settings on my GPU and it'll boost by itself to 1949Mhz and sit happily at 75c with a 90% fan speed. Not many other games do this, so COD is demanding

Stated boost is 1670 MHz - https://www.evga.com/products/specs/gpu.aspx?pn=9fe1dfc9-f386-453b-b647-ff95dedf3db6

My settings & temps below...

RFYmyRrh.jpg

uaIZ2EIh.jpg

4ZJdztBh.jpg

Soldato
I gave Warfare Solo a quick blast last night and I was really intimidated :p

I haven’t played FPS in a while, and I’ve gotten pretty rusty :D

Bit annoying you have to watch the same cutscene on every game...

Associate
I've got two systems running it, both on windows 10 November 2019 update and nvidia 445.75 drivers

mine 4790K, 16Gb DDR3, GTX 1080Ti (boosting to 2050) - no crashes
my daughters, 4690K, 16Gb DDR3, GTX1080 - no crashes

One and only semi crash was today when a server must have crashed (also kicked my son out on his playstation) resulting in a need to quit to desktop, but other than that its been a lot more stable than any other game I've played in recent years

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom