Coronavirus riding

Soldato
twitterpost2.png

Last edited:
Associate
Excellent advice.

Very busy today, especially past my house, sounded like BSB at Brands Hatch!

I see someone posted a video of Loomies cafe today, absolutely rammed. When are people going to take this seriously??

Soldato
Most of that is great, sensible advice. Apart from keeping gloves on, which is madness. Put the disposable plastic ones from the forecourt over your gloves. Otherwise, you're just possible transferring the virus from pump to your gloves, and then to your grips, visor, keys, etc etc...

Soldato
I was thinking that about going out riding, be a little careful (not that you go out specifically to fly off the bike lol) but now and probably more going forward you might not get the medical care you would have a few weeks ago.

Associate
Most of that is great, sensible advice. Apart from keeping gloves on, which is madness. Put the disposable plastic ones from the forecourt over your gloves. Otherwise, you're just possible transferring the virus from pump to your gloves, and then to your grips, visor, keys, etc etc...

Agree. I took disposable gloves with me the other day.

Man of Honour
Was planning on going for my first ride of the year tomorrow as the weather forecast is so good.

But looks like that isn't possible now :(

I know I could make the excuse of picking up some bread or something, but would feel wrong.

Soldato
Was planning on going for my first ride of the year tomorrow as the weather forecast is so good.

But looks like that isn't possible now :(

I know I could make the excuse of picking up some bread or something, but would feel wrong.

II don't see why not.

Thing is, compared to the scenes of all those idiots out in crowds on the weekend, I hardly think riding your motorcycle, especially on your own, is contributing to the spread.

Hopefully any copper would also see common sense but I think it's very unlikely you'd get pulled over in the first place.

Man of Honour
II don't see why not.

Thing is, compared to the scenes of all those idiots out in crowds on the weekend, I hardly think riding your motorcycle, especially on your own, is contributing to the spread.

Hopefully any copper would also see common sense but I think it's very unlikely you'd get pulled over in the first place.
It's fine until something goes wrong and you need the emergency services, also we shouldn't be making the police's job any more of a ball ache than it's already going to be.

Associate
Also you will need fuel, which means coming into contact with staff at a petrol station or others filling up.
Stay at home

Soldato
II don't see why not.

The problem is when a lot of people think like that it is more likely to increase spread and accidents, its just statistics. It's selfish to think we are somehow different because we are on a bike vs a car.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
I don't see why not.

Can you 100% guarantee not to have an accident?, of course not because no body can, & if by sheer bad luck you come off & do some thing nasty you'll divert a helluva lot of NHS resources that are needed else where, just because you fancied a ride.

Soldato
Even my 650 easily shifts from 70 to 100 (kph obviously....) without really noticing if the road is quiet so I'd have thought it'd be the same for higher speeds on bigger bikes, especially ones with a more track focus.

Going back to the main topic of riding at the moment. I've only ridden to go shopping (I have no other vehicle) and not taken any detours either, but sunny weather and how empty the roads are is just so nice being on the bike. One thing I have noticed though, I really need to get some summer orientated gear, so sweaty!
I learnt in autumn/winter and then when I bought a bike it was also autumn/winter so I've not had the chance to ride in even remotely warm weather and my gear is all waterproof with no vents. I'm thinking I'll have to get a vented jacket (with armour) and some kevlar/armoured jeans or at the very least, some vented armoured textile trousers. Once it gets properly warm (if it does of course), my current gear will be unbearable for my commute.

Back
Top Bottom