What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
Yeah, it does. I have the same bike with a similar, if not the same, tail tidy (evotech). Went for a quick blast the other day with slightly damp roads and found I had mud on the back of my helmet after the ride.

I prefer the look of this hugger than the one @khemist has fitted but I'm only wanting to ride on dry days so hoping to avoid having to buy one.

Soldato
I find that one a bit aggressive looking, not planning on riding much in the wet either.

Have you tried bar risers or know anyone that has?, i had ordered the sw motech up and back ones but someone told me the cables are very tight using 2" risers so i i've went with 30cm normal risers.

Soldato
Changed my oil seeing as I can't go out on it. Also fitted an oil filter with a nut so it's easier next time. That and looked at it thinking about all the fun times we've had.

Man of Honour
We’re still allowed to ride here, but I’m not sure that I should as it’s against government recommendations.

I prepped it for riding this morning and then put it away, but the weather is spectacular and I bet the mountains are empty.

Man of Honour
Fitted a pair of black widow cans and replaced all the fairing fastener with stainless versions, only one needs drilling out which isn't bad for a 22year old bike.
9IncZalaWwKjvhugXDG9H5LhvgY0NgI7Npld4niZxBS0u10UJo0EjvMO2N4LNoFr8kqMQvA5nkKgXbf8Wb94QaEx3l3kVtuRmRXa-P-EtSz66ur0zg_UcaI3C7lLskXXcxinJ6RiAkQ=w1442-h826-no

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Fitted new front pads last night, the linked brakes made it a little more of a ball ache than normal due to the extra guff attached to the fork legs/brake lines but not too bad. Gave the pistons a quick clean while I was in there they aren't in terrible condition considering their age.

Still on the list replace air filter/plugs, oil and filter change, chain and sprocket change will bleed and clean the clutch system while I've got it off for this, coolant change and if I get really bored and feel like torturing myself I might bleed the brake system as well.

Soldato
I couldn't get on with short levers that were fitted on my bike so bought some long ones and find riding much better with them.

Haven't used it yet or done anything to the bike for a while but today this lot arrived:
y4m_czY-xV3EMr_r_D3IUBWvT5uwib5UTBZCNBlQHy7lxHB0umuoN13c2FnGDJFsDa6VgxOj8q2ba6MdiegBoYY9gukPoEUU-wN1oaM8kVW1Mub4nNvmAMJgFW5OaGGMQi0rSd1NcxNEunEw3rn_LZhF-XbB2noddj6C2XwfFgnx4CeFFDuqgIiR1V4WeSRzRz_5HmqAFGjGeC5IMOYTViMWQ

y4mui0XTSD5gY4C7_dJlZQf2O1TaWzHCzGzvdSbXPNu2xMhk0Kodu1bIgAtIzWpZrNPYfH2ucMYssnIz4HPH5FWkVv0v2dN2nd6KnP1TVQJ13WeYWrq4PQM-3fQLDK0wqQ3mkZqWbe_TRdUawkEhRwQ1plFdXl-CO45jijS9DaOmq472hu7ALu3a8nmuCvsj5ByKjjsu_zPAPQdxAnSIpU98A

I realise that it's after winter now so the ACF-50 is slightly less useful but seems like a good idea to have some in stock anyway as the bike lives outside and is ridden all year (when we're allowed out).

Associate
Fitted new front pads last night, the linked brakes made it a little more of a ball ache than normal due to the extra guff attached to the fork legs/brake lines but not too bad. Gave the pistons a quick clean while I was in there they aren't in terrible condition considering their age.

Still on the list replace air filter/plugs, oil and filter change, chain and sprocket change will bleed and clean the clutch system while I've got it off for this, coolant change and if I get really bored and feel like torturing myself I might bleed the brake system as well.

Think I have a pair of front calipers for a bird in my garage if you want them as spares?

Soldato

Tank was getting scratched pretty badly with normal daily use so got a tank cover and replaced my R+G side grips with some techspech ones, also removed the rear wheel hugger.

Back
Top Bottom