** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Yeah, I can understand. Imagine people with broken Mac's. Apple stores are closed.

Failing to get the LG, i have been looking at the Asus XG279Q, Razor Raptor and the Aorus FI27Q but can't make my mind up.

The LG was and still is the preferred option...

Associate
Failing to get the LG, i have been looking at the Asus XG279Q, Razor Raptor and the Aorus FI27Q but can't make my mind up.

I went with the Aorus FI27Q and I'm happy with it.

I preferred the LG but I waited for months and never found it in stock.

Associate
I went with the Aorus FI27Q and I'm happy with it.

I preferred the LG but I waited for months and never found it in stock.

Is your fi27q or fi27qp?

I did look at fi27qp, px7 and benq ex2780q, first ruled out the gigabyte because of price, and at the end got the LG when it was £399.

Soldato

I've got the XG279Q. At pre-lockdown prices it was way too expensive compared to the GL850, but now it's only about £80 more and I managed to get it for £570. I like it a lot, though I obviously can't directly compare it to something like the GL850. I did used to own an Acer Predator xb271hua, which was a TN panel 1440p 165Hz monitor, so the big difference between the two is the IPS panel, ELMB and freesync support on the XG279Q. I've got my 5700 XT hooked up to it and so far I've not had any issues. There's a bit of BLB in the bottom left corner of the panel, but it's nothing major and it's only noticeable in very dark scenes. I played through RE3: Remake recently, which is quite a dark game, and I didn't notice it during that.

Associate
Hi all, hope you're all keeping well. I've been working from home as I'm sure many others have and as such have spent an enormous amount of time in front of my dual monitor setup. This consists of the LG 27GL83A and an old 24" 1080p Acer monitor. Anyway, I can stand it no longer and was so impressed by my 1440p monitor that I've been looking at the 27UL600. Anyone have any experience with this model?

Soldato
Hi all, hope you're all keeping well. I've been working from home as I'm sure many others have and as such have spent an enormous amount of time in front of my dual monitor setup. This consists of the LG 27GL83A and an old 24" 1080p Acer monitor. Anyway, I can stand it no longer and was so impressed by my 1440p monitor that I've been looking at the 27UL600. Anyone have any experience with this model?

It's 60Hz, so won't match your 144Hz 27" LG monitor. Personally I can't stand my second monitor being so much slower, though depends what your using the second monitor for.

GPU's also much prefer all monitors being the same refresh rate, this will allow them to downclock the GPU and GPU memory to very low values, which will save on your power bill in the long run and reduce heat during the Summer months.

Associate
It's 60Hz, so won't match your 144Hz 27" LG monitor. Personally I can't stand my second monitor being so much slower, though depends what your using the second monitor for.

GPU's also much prefer all monitors being the same refresh rate, this will allow them to downclock the GPU and GPU memory to very low values, which will save on your power bill in the long run and reduce heat during the Summer months.

It will be acting as my secondary monitor, 4K gaming is still a gimmick in my opinion so it will mostly be used for cable TV and console gaming. The lower refresh rate doesn't bother me.

My main consideration right now is to whether to go with another IPS monitor or a VA panel. It would be nice not being concerned with backlight bleed if it's mainly being used for videos. The
BenQ EW3270U is quite a tempting alternative.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi, could someone who owns the 27GL850B possibly tell me if the cable tidy bracket on the rear of the stand is removable?

If it is, then also what the rough distance is in cm from the back of the stand (with the cable tidy removed) to the front of the stand legs?

I have a very slim desk at present and just want to know if it's going to be a problem.

I can try post a picture if that doesn't make sense :rolleyes:

Thanks all

Associate
Hi, could someone who owns the 27GL850B possibly tell me if the cable tidy bracket on the rear of the stand is removable?

If it is, then also what the rough distance is in cm from the back of the stand (with the cable tidy removed) to the front of the stand legs?

I have a very slim desk at present and just want to know if it's going to be a problem.

I can try post a picture if that doesn't make sense :rolleyes:

Thanks all

It can indeed be removed, leaving just the "post" of the stand.

It's approx 240mm from front edge of the stand to the back of the post.

Back
Top Bottom