Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
Debatable. They used to be (a few years ago only) £30ish for a pair, now they are £50-£70 which shows they are much higher rated and very popular now.

I do like NB although that colour scheme wouldn't have been my choice.

If you're into trainers (which I am only a little, compared to my mate that has 100s of pairs) then NBs are not underrated. The general consumer however I think don't hold them in has high regard as they would more familiar brands like Nike, Adidas, etc.

Cheaper NBs I don't usually like, nor do most 'Trainer guys'. These are the cheapest pair I've ever bought and will be my almost daily pair until they're done. The 1300s above were £130 in the sale, that was in 2016ish.

Soldato
Does it come with that frame or is that an option or a home DIY job please?

That 'frame' is just a screensaver image

Tv companies reduce the bezels to virtually zero, so people start adding their own bezels...

Does look great, though.

He did post a picture in the Home Cinema section of the TV showing an image rather than a screensaver:

Wow amazing. Looks so good, I did think LG had copied Samsung are we doing some models in picture frames.

Yeah, Samsung put some cheapo backlit LCDs and called it 'the frame' and charged a huge premium for it.

2002: "Electronic picture frames will never catch on"

2020: Hold my beer...

:D

Yeah, pretty much as said. My phone camera didn't pick up the dark picture frame up very well, it makes the TV look like it has huge bezels. It's just what the TV shows when it has no input, you can download different picture packs but it comes with quite a few that it just flicks through every 20 seconds or something. It's not something I'd really make use of much, but I have to admit it does look stunning.

cQrFDIa.jpg

i think most TV can do this, at minimum if you have Amazon Fire TV connected it can set a screensaver to any photos you choose.

You can do it on any TV, but I doubt it has quite the same effect on a regular LCD with fat bezels :D

Soldato
Thanks, nearly there, hopefully moving back in on Wednesday. Last coat of paint on the skirts and it's done. House is 1917, ceiling is original. Unfortunately no cash left for a corner sofa...I can but dream.

Soldato
Rode PSA1 Arm - Sorry for the potato pics - flash batteries are not charged and I was rushing :p

JLE40905.jpg

JLE40904.jpg

I honestly did not like that arm. The amount of black metal shavings that ended up near the base when using it was just... poor.

Soldato
I honestly did not like that arm. The amount of black metal shavings that ended up near the base when using it was just... poor.
I think this is the first time I've heard a complaint about the PSA-1, everyone I know (including myself) has nothing bad to say about it, in fact it's one that hundreds/thousands of streamer use because of the quality of Rode equipment. Sounds more like you had a problematic one and there is no reason there should have been any metal shavings from it, are you sure you actually had a Rode arm, honestly their quality is extremely good.

Caporegime
This and one other thing is the first bad thing I'm hearing about it. The other bad thing which well seems bad to me at least, is on the G-Clamp desk mount, the arm wobbles about in there. Now granted I don't have a mic attached yet, but it's like it's missing a piece to make the fit snug and secure in there.

The through desk mount, is perfect, however.

I'll be using the G-Clamp mount for a number of weeks until my new home office/gaming nerd cave is all setup, so I'll soon find out if it's an issue or not. :)

Soldato
This and one other thing is the first bad thing I'm hearing about it. The other bad thing which well seems bad to me at least, is on the G-Clamp desk mount, the arm wobbles about in there. Now granted I don't have a mic attached yet, but it's like it's missing a piece to make the fit snug and secure in there.

The through desk mount, is perfect, however.

I'll be using the G-Clamp mount for a number of weeks until my new home office/gaming nerd cave is all setup, so I'll soon find out if it's an issue or not. :)
The desk part is like that yeah, it did confuse me too, seems like it should either have been made with a smaller bore or provided with a sleeve insert, however, once the arm is in there with a mic you really don't notice and it's nice and solid so I'd totally forgotten about that minor point.

Back
Top Bottom