What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Yes. Give it a go and get back here and agree with me! ;)

You have lead actors for a reason...she is so far from being one that it kills everything in the show. THe ideas are interesting but that's all.

The supporting cast are poor too; boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, security guard, child prodigy.

It also includes possibly the worst fight sequence i've ever seen by two self-proclaimed 'professionals'.

I actually don't think the acting is poor though. It's just the way they are written / directed. It's a bit off kilter for sure.
I guess either you are on board with that or you aren't and it ruins it for you.
For me, it took a couple of episodes to get to grips with, but from then on couldn't put it down. It's a very inventive show, with a great story and plenty of mystery. One of the better recent TV series for me.

Caporegime
Oh....this has been quite hyped up and well received in this thread, to the point I was going to start it in a few days :(

I really started to enjoy it during the second episode. Nothing will ever be everyone's cup of tea, but I reckon you'll probably enjoy it. See how you get on with it. :)

Soldato
Devs.

This is truly awful television. The lead 'actress' has quite possibly given the worst performance i've ever seen on screen. Everything about her is terrible. Check out a couple of episodes just to see her in action perhaps, but this is poor and i suggest avoiding it.

I can't fathom how she managed to get a lead role in anything. Her dead eyes, emotionless delivery of lines...there's just nothing there! I can't express enough how plain awful she is.

I've stopped after 3 episodes. I just cant watch her and this show any longer.

Finished Ep 4 last night - picked up quite a bit.

Soldato
SW: clone wars, just finished the last season, 7, and it was epic. The last four episodes were a movie in itself.

I'm trying to power through season 2 at the moment due to the hype later seasons are getting. However I just do not like the animation style, don't know how to explain but has no weight to it if that makes sense.

Also the story telling at this point is a bit...simple.

Soldato
I'm switching between the final seasons of Clone Wars and Rebels. Just some great Star Wars in both. The opening spaces battle in Rebels S4E9 "Rebel Assault" is just beautiful to watch in HD. The characters are still a bit cartoon-like but the ships and backgrounds look great.

Soldato
New Amsterdam season 1. Wow, this show really does being emotions to the surface. The end of S1 is a cliffhanger. Luckily S2 is already available and I see it's been renewed for 3 more.
I genuinely never imagined I'd enjoy a medical drama so much but the characters really are that good. Nice to see 3 Brits in the first season too.

Soldato
I've just finished watching Into the Night on Netflix. Really enjoyed it – it's a very taught little post-apocalyptic series, featuring just six episodes that are each about 35 minutes long. Some great acting in it, too.

A few of the usual tropes get rolled out but they don't take much of the sheen off it.

I hope there's a second series. :)

Soldato
I just finished S1 of Upload. I quite liked it. It's by the guy that did US Office and Parks and Rec, but reminds me more of Silicon Valley, probably because of the tech aspects of it. Generally just a nice story with some interesting and funny looks into the future.

I don't like when a show doesn't end the current story arc in one season though. I prefer 'wrap one story up and tease to the next story' type endings.

Associate
Finished my third watch of Breaking Bad, this time with the Mrs (her first time).

The whole thing is absolutely flawless, from script, shooting, acting and pacing. I felt it was slow midway on my first watch through, but I’ve decided this was because I had to wait a week between each episode and was hungry for the story to progress faster. This time, no such issues.

It’s testament to the quality of the show that my girlfriend spent the last two seasons wanting Walt to be killed, but then got all upset when he finally died.

Soldato
The Great - Ep1 - 7/10 - Made in the same vein as "The Death of Stalin" as a very black comedy. Hope it keeps up it's quality through-out as it's been really good so far.

Back
Top Bottom