Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Soldato
OP
Finally got around to giving it a go and I see what you guys mean about that bump... Sorry, I should've picked a different version (although this is the prettiest :D).
Unfortunately, it seems that my loadcell is on the way out, so no laps for me until that gets sorted.

This also means that I'll have difficulty with setting up combinations that require anything more than an educated guess at what works well, as I can't really test them out right now.

@Greboth
Since you're our hero of the week, I nominate you to come up with a combo for tomorrow's update, if you don't mind? No pressure :D

Soldato
Finally got around to giving it a go and I see what you guys mean about that bump... Sorry, I should've picked a different version (although this is the prettiest :D).
Unfortunately, it seems that my loadcell is on the way out, so no laps for me until that gets sorted.

This also means that I'll have difficulty with setting up combinations that require anything more than an educated guess at what works well, as I can't really test them out right now.

@Greboth
Since you're our hero of the week, I nominate you to come up with a combo for tomorrow's update, if you don't mind? No pressure :D

No worries about the track, it made a bit more of a challenge. Plus real tracks change over time so this is obviously the final year before the do a bit of resurfacing and reprofiling :D

Thanks for the offer, clearly as everyone enjoyed the mountain so much there is only one valid option - Monaco :D I'll have a look today and get back to you shortly with a proper suggestion.

Associate
No worries about the track, it made a bit more of a challenge. Plus real tracks change over time so this is obviously the final year before the do a bit of resurfacing and reprofiling :D

Thanks for the offer, clearly as everyone enjoyed the mountain so much there is only one valid option - Monaco :D I'll have a look today and get back to you shortly with a proper suggestion.

Can we not have an oval with Nascar cars - pretty please! :)

Soldato
I'm totally onboard that we can not have an oval :p

I've thought of a couple of tracks, sadly for you neither are ovals. I've chosen the cars but the track I'd like to pick might be too short so I'm going to try and do a couple laps at lunch to decide which track to choose.

Soldato
@Uncle Petey I'll let you have final say.

Track: Laguna Seca
Cars:
McLaren M8C - AC Legends HERE
Seat Leon TCR HERE
Mazda MX5 Cup (Kunos)

I''ve uploaded the AC legends to my dropbox as hopefully it's a little faster to download as it took almost 2 hours to download the pack from proper link. I also almost went with Goodwood circuit as we were talking about it the other week but I think it's too short and simple to really be a good challenge.

Edit: Was it the Ginetta? As that didn't have different tyre options or changable gear ratios but the suspension you could change.

Soldato
OP
Looks good to me :)
Nice mix, and I recall the MX-5 being good around there.

Thank you very much :)

ED: Goodwood works well with old stuff like the Lotus 49 and probably that McLaren you picked.

Last edited:
Soldato
The MX5 at Laguna just makes me think of iRacing but it's popular because it's a good combo and maintains some challenge as it doesn't have the power so you have to keep your minimum apex speeds up.

For Goodwood I was thinking Lotus 25, McLaren M8C and the Leon above but having two tricky cars seemed a little too much and the Leon has too much grip to make Goodwood interesting. I also considered Road Atlanta but trying it, it's a lot more flat out than I remembered it being - maybe like Goodwood it would be fun in an older car but any modern GT it's quite an easy track.

Soldato
OP
Results:

Round 11 - Bathurst

Ferrari 488 GT3 - darwin - 2:04.380
Holden Commodore ZB - Greboth - 2:05.495
Ginetta G55 Supercup 2017 - SPARC - 2:11.205

Very well done! This track takes no prisoners.

See THIS POST or the OP for this week's challenge and links. Once again, thanks to Greboth for sorting it out.​

The MX5 at Laguna just makes me think of iRacing but it's popular because it's a good combo and maintains some challenge as it doesn't have the power so you have to keep your minimum apex speeds up.

For Goodwood I was thinking Lotus 25, McLaren M8C and the Leon above but having two tricky cars seemed a little too much and the Leon has too much grip to make Goodwood interesting. I also considered Road Atlanta but trying it, it's a lot more flat out than I remembered it being - maybe like Goodwood it would be fun in an older car but any modern GT it's quite an easy track.

Here's what we did at Road Atlanta last time: Ferrari 643, Maserati MC12 GT1, Lamborghini Huracan Performante, Ferrari F50.
A modern GT would perhaps be relatively easy mode for the faster guys, but they would be a good option for less experienced drivers.

We also did the MX-5 Cup at Laguna a good while back. It just makes sense.

Goodwood is a tricky balancing act.
Here's what I went with last time. Lotus 72D, Lotus 49, Ferrari 330 P4, Maserati 250F V12
A fun, but challenging combo. The 72D was probably the 'easy' one :D

The new server is up btw.

Soldato
Sounds like the brake balance is too much to the rear. 1 or 2% more to front should sort that out.

Damn! That previous Goodwood combination sounds a bit brutal. The 72D is hardly an easy car to drive. Glad I didn’t pick Goodwood then, I wouldn’t want a too easy version :D

Back
Top Bottom