What 'adult' things can you not do but maybe should be able to?

Consigliere
So you've made it. You are an adult. You have conquered youth and starting to find your own way in the world.

BUT are there things/tasks/know what on earth you are doing that have somehow passed you by...

I have never wet shaved. :o I wasn't taught/didn't try it and always used electric so....now 31 and like well..is that odd?

Also i can't drive but i feel like living in London, that's more acceptable.

Let's see what you guys come up with...

Soldato
I don't have a driving license, I can sort of drive (off-roading etc.) but I doubt I would pass a test. But we have a great public transport system and it's a small enough place that you can walk most places.

I also suck at swimming, chlorine hypersensitivity means that most pools cause hives/breathing issues. I can swim but not as well as I would like.

Caporegime
I am an adult and I made this joke because I know how to be a mature adult. Totally not 12 years old and treating another human being like an object based on something it did as a younger adult. Humans are totally incapable of changing and maturing as people, and should always be reminded of things they did when they were less mature. I know this because I'm an adult, too.

Instead of, "oh, cool I'm glad she is doing acting again," or "wow, I didn't know that!" you went for the easiest, most childish, most inappropriate ******* joke possible. It's really ******* cool to permanently live in the year 2013 and not let people move on with their lives and do better things. Hey remember that time you ****** yourself when you were 8? Let's remind the whole world of that every day instead of focusing on the things you've done since then, like normal, respectable people would.

Caporegime
I am an adult and I made this joke because I know how to be a mature adult. Totally not 12 years old and treating another human being like an object based on something it did as a younger adult. Humans are totally incapable of changing and maturing as people, and should always be reminded of things they did when they were less mature. I know this because I'm an adult, too.

Instead of, "oh, cool I'm glad she is doing acting again," or "wow, I didn't know that!" you went for the easiest, most childish, most inappropriate ******* joke possible. It's really ******* cool to permanently live in the year 2013 and not let people move on with their lives and do better things. Hey remember that time you ****** yourself when you were 8? Let's remind the whole world of that every day instead of focusing on the things you've done since then, like normal, respectable people would.
What the hell is this about? Have I missed something :confused:

Man of Honour
Not something I generally open up about but I had a very different childhood to a lot of people (amongst other things though he has chilled out in later years my dad was basically a real life Ned Flanders through much of my childhood) - I had to learn quite a lot of stuff as an adult lacking the formative experiences most people have grown up with making some places like pubs and cinemas, etc. still somewhat alien to me despite having spent a fair bit of time clubbing, etc.

Soldato
I can't paint skirting board, I always have to get my dad to do it for me

It's all in the gloss. Some are utter utter tripe (like dulux trade quick dry), whereas some are brilliant (dulux one coat)

The trick is to get a decent brush and foam roller. Start at the top, work quickly, then use the roller for the rest.

Don't keep going over it (it will drag), and put on multiple thin coats. It doesn't matter if coats 1 and 2 look awful. Coats 3 and 4 will really make it look nice, although dulux one coat only needs....erm, well....one coat.

Soldato
Catch a live mouse in my flat, brought in by my cat. I didn't realise how unprepared at was. Instead of catching it, I improvised a route using books and cardboard and forced it out.

It's something.

Back
Top Bottom