Iron Mike is making a comeback

Soldato
Basically, if you want to get paid nowadays, just organise a boxing match.

Saying that this might be more interesting than others, even if he has the quarter of his explosive power left.

Not sure who they would find to fight him though, wouldn't want to get hit even by past his prime Mike Tyson if I was in my 50s :D

Soldato
OP
Basically, if you want to get paid nowadays, just organise a boxing match.

Saying that this might be more interesting than others, even if he has the quarter of his explosive power left.

Not sure who they would find to fight him though, wouldn't want to get hit even by past his prime Mike Tyson if I was in my 50s :D

He does smoke a lot of weed I wonder how that will affect his reflexes and responses.

Soldato
One one hand. It’s iron mike of course I’d like to see him back...

Yet, on the other hand I remember Tyson losing to Kevin Mcbride and being past it 15 years ago...

Permabanned
I worry about his health and hope he steers clear of bare knuckle. On the other hand nothing wrong with a 4 round exhibition especially for a good cause.

I wish him the best of luck let’s just hope some of the unscrupulous who are smelling money and lots of it, don’t turn this into something unsavoury.

Soldato
Even though he wont and even if he did come back I don't see him beating a live body in the top 20, maybe even top 30-50. Can you imagine what sort of sensational story that would be. Youngest and Oldest heavyweight champion at the same time.

Permabanned
He could Iron out most fighters if he connects like that. Still I hope he just keeps it to exhibitions. He can make money and still keep his health intact.

Shame he didn’t have that level of commitment and in the sort place he is mentally now, back then. A fully motivated, prime, Cus D’Amato guided Tyson would have been a problem for any heavyweight of any era.

Soldato
OP
One one hand. It’s iron mike of course I’d like to see him back...

Yet, on the other hand I remember Tyson losing to Kevin Mcbride and being past it 15 years ago...

Yeh Tyson is overrated, every decent fighter he's fought he's lost and several of the wins were against mediocre or fat fighters. He's a master at hype though.

Permabanned
Yeh Tyson is overrated, every decent fighter he's fought he's lost and several of the wins were against mediocre or fat fighters. He's a master at hype though.
That’s a bit harsh. He failed to achieve the level of greatness his potential promised. That’s true but that wasn’t because he wasn’t good enough to do it, his problems outside the ring are quite well documented.

Up to Cus D’Amato departing Tyson had everything and Cus was the perfect mentor. His life spiralled out of control after that. To say he wasn’t very good because he lost to Kevin McBride well past his peak is not doing him justice.

Permabanned
Just realised he had 28 fight between 85 and 86 how is that even possible.
He battered everyone during those years. Cus knew he was on borrowed time and that he had something special in his hands. He moved him quickly through the ranks.
Watch him sparring a professional fighter at the age of 17 I think Jimmy Clark was his name. Full length clip down below.

https://youtu.be/NNJwWWdCuVw

He was a force of nature but his psychological issues eventually caught up with him. It was sad but he is in a much better place today than he was after Cus left him.

It’s easier to judge than to place yourself in his shoes. I’ll always have love and respect for the guy.

Caporegime

Just lol.

He would destroy Joshua. He's overrated.

Pretty much every heavyweight including Fury rates him as one of the best.

He would have been pretty much untouchable had he not had so much bad **** happen outside the ring and losing cus.

As for him fighting now. Forget about it. He's tarnishing his legacy and he already tried a come back and it didn't work out.

He was never the same after prison and cus. If you watch his earlier fights and how solid his movement and defence is to his later fights where his footwork is lazy and next to zero movement and his defence is terrible.

I hope he only does exhibition stuff a proper fight at his age he should only be up against similar aged fighters. His stamina was terrible after cus so a young fighter would destroy him if he played it smart.

Soldato
Shannon briggs vs tyson is official exhibition fight

if its just 4 rounds could be decent briggs has a good chin

Tyson in his prime before He went off the rails he would have ironed out anyone including the likes of wilder, joshua etc the man beat most opponents before they even got in the ring they were that scared

Permabanned
Beat me to it. :) https://www.boxingnews24.com/2020/05/mike-tyson-vs-shannon-briggs-in-the-works/

I'd watch it, it interests me far more than the Ksi/Logan fight that is for sure. I hope they generate lots of money for whatever cause they are choosing and keep to exhibitions.

If it's a success we may also see Tyson v Holyfield too. They should do a mini exhibition tournament with Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis ect. It would generate millions.

Caporegime
awhile back in an interview he said he doesn't spar/train because he doesn't like the person he becomes, which I guess is aggressive and arrogant.

so it's kinda strange but I imagine it will be more like WWE than boxing ie staged

Back
Top Bottom