Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Soldato
Took my PC outside for a clean with some compressed air. Fitted a LL140 fan but realised I have no RGB ports left, and thanks to Corsair's awful design need another 6-way hub to make one extra fan work.

pPteMqf.jpg
You can bodge one yourself if you want. The 6 way hub just daisy chains the connectors - Corsair has an extra pin for data return, which gets passed to the normal data pin of the next plug.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Few tweaks to the setup. Got my custom cable for the Hades 68, I really like it. The Model D I've replaced with a Razer Viper Ultimate wireless.

DSCF8447.jpg

DSCF8451.jpg

DSCF8452.jpg

So some changes, as usual ;)

The Kanto speakers have a new OcUK home, I wanted to move to an amp and passive speakers so I now have a Sabaj A3 amp/DAC and Q Acoustic 3010i setup, really good and they look stunning.

My watercooled PC I sold to my brother. It was a good project but ultimately overkill for what I needed. I'm finding less time to game and less enjoyment so the setup is geared more to productivity now. The monitor is an LG 4K because I spend most of the day looking at code/text/web/office.

Swapped the Razer Viper Ultimate for a Logitech G603, wanted something a little more palm and mega battery life.

I have plans for a new chair soon too.

blackbox-7.jpg

New PC lives under the desk now.

blackbox-1.jpg

blackbox-6.jpg

3600x, B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB 3600 C16 RAM, Red Devil 5700XT, Meshify C and lots of Be Quiet! cooling.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The pictures aren't hung straight, very unlike you :)

Oh they are, I used both a ruler and a spirit level when aligning them to the point the centre point is the exact same distance from each side wall :p

They are hung using wire behind though so naturally over time through vibrations on the dry wall will shift and move small amounts. I adjust them every few months.

Soldato
Oh they are, I used both a ruler and a spirit level when aligning them to the point the centre point is the exact same distance from each side wall :p

They are hung using wire behind though so naturally over time through vibrations on the dry wall will shift and move small amounts. I adjust them every few months.
That makes no difference if the wall is out

Soldato

You need a full length spacer to go in between the two when resetting them :)

Soldato
So some changes, as usual ;)
blackbox-7.jpg

I think when we move into the house I'll be going for a set up very similar to this. I'm on the fence right now about getting a 60% keyboard but as I'm working from home so much I think I'll miss the numpad, but i hate the numpad being there when gaming!

Totally copying your speakers and amplifier set up too. Can't wait til I don't have to use headphones again!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I think when we move into the house I'll be going for a set up very similar to this. I'm on the fence right now about getting a 60% keyboard but as I'm working from home so much I think I'll miss the numpad, but i hate the numpad being there when gaming!

Totally copying your speakers and amplifier set up too. Can't wait til I don't have to use headphones again!

I wouldn't recommend a 60% keyboard, 65% is the sweet spot. Still get arrow keys, home, del, pgup/down. A numpad is good if you do a lot of work with numbers, but you can just buy a separate one if needed.

Numpad is an issue for me anytime I'm using my mouse, it's a much more neutral position for my arms.

Soldato
I wouldn't recommend a 60% keyboard, 65% is the sweet spot. Still get arrow keys, home, del, pgup/down. A numpad is good if you do a lot of work with numbers, but you can just buy a separate one if needed.

Numpad is an issue for me anytime I'm using my mouse, it's a much more neutral position for my arms.

Ah sorry 65% is the one I meant! It was a ducky I was looking at to replace my full size ducky.

The same happens for me if I'm playing a FPS the amount of times I hit the keyboard really winds me up!

Soldato
That's basically the one I want but I want one in black. I have a Ducky Shine 3 (i think), had it for a long time now and it's still performing like a champ I just want something smaller.

I'd probably bring this one to my office and use it there... and annoy everyone with the click-clack noises :p

Really like some of the clean setups on here. Certainly something to aim for although I don't think I could keep it so tidy :)

lN2INkt.jpg

That cable management though! :eek: Good job!

Back
Top Bottom