LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Soldato
I think I’d have an issue due to the current working from home situation, 8 hours+ a day on excel/outlook/word/browser followed by personal computer time 2-3 hours and not much of it is gaming these days.

I’m sure hiding the windows task bar is the easy thing to do but that’s still a lot of static elements all the time.

Associate
I think I’d have an issue due to the current working from home situation, 8 hours+ a day on excel/outlook/word/browser followed by personal computer time 2-3 hours and not much of it is gaming these days.

I’m sure hiding the windows task bar is the easy thing to do but that’s still a lot of static elements all the time.

do you have space for it as a second monitor? And open games on it when needed?

Associate
Well this arrived
wH2x0Hr.jpg
Rpktu5f

Associate
Congrats!

Out of curiosity, why such high end TV to a kitchen? Seems a bit of an overkill.

Because some ******* scrotum on this forum took the **** out of me only having a 50 inch plasma so I bought oleds for every room in the house.....

Joking that was my living room TV before I got a c9 77 inch to upgrade it. The 2016 g series oleds look so good it would have been a shame to sell it. Also ib a townhouse with ludicrous ceilings so need stuff to fill the vertical space.

Associate
Because some ******* scrotum on this forum took the **** out of me only having a 50 inch plasma so I bought oleds for every room in the house.....

Joking that was my living room TV before I got a c9 77 inch to upgrade it. The 2016 g series oleds look so good it would have been a shame to sell it. Also ib a townhouse with ludicrous ceilings so need stuff to fill the vertical space.

Oh I completely misunderstood the picture, I thought the CX 48 was for your kitchen but yeah, the box isn't even open :)

Associate
I do have a 65inch oled in my kitchen. Everyone should have an oled in their kitchen....

Yep from spicy shop. Still have one on order from richer noise (which I will stick in a bedroom). Ordered the day it went up went for the 100£ more model.

First take - it's excellent but it's a smaller C9.... Not really seeing any difference.

Will let you know pc thoughts tmrw when I plug that in my office.

Soldato
Who's scaremongering? Who's ignoring evidence? I agree, majority of use cases won't have any issue - but 413x specifically stated photoshop or coding, the discussion is on productivity work.

The evidence from RTings suggests that burn in will start at ~4000hrs (week 30 - I'm ignoring the max brightness one as it's not typical). LG have stated they expect the damage to be cumulative. Using one for productivity for a 40 hour work week is almost 2000 hours per year, so you're looking at 2 years before you're likely to see the beginnings of burn in... This is evidence-based. No where did I state it was inevitable, I said it was a possibility - and one you have to consider if you're looking at OLED for a use that has static elements. I also qualified with the fact that LG have improved their burn in from the 7 series (what rtings tested on) and the current x series, so burn in probably takes longer but there's no long term study giving us tangible results to base estimates on.

The only recent study we have is Vincent's where he ran a c9 through 6 months of heavy common TV use cases (movies, news, gaming, sports) equal to 2000 hours I believe and that test didn't show any signs of burn in and was still perfectly uniform after the study

Soldato
The only recent study we have is Vincent's where he ran a c9 through 6 months of heavy common TV use cases (movies, news, gaming, sports) equal to 2000 hours I believe and that test didn't show any signs of burn in and was still perfectly uniform after the study

That's a slightly apples to oranges comparison though - also I believe it was the E8 not the C9 assuming you mean Vincent from HDTVTest, unless he's done one with the C9 that I've not seen?? The RTings test and the discussion was on static elements. Vincent's 2000 hours isn't 2000 static hours, there'll be for example MAYBE 200 cumulative hours with certain static elements - his test was for varied content, which is probably the more representative use case for most people - but I'm sure you can appreciate it's not quite the same test. We could do with RTings or someone repeating the C7 test they did with the new CX's and comparing those results - but that'd be 6months from starting the test before we'd have any tangible results.

Soldato
That's a slightly apples to oranges comparison though - also I believe it was the E8 not the C9 assuming you mean Vincent from HDTVTest, unless he's done one with the C9 that I've not seen?? The RTings test and the discussion was on static elements. Vincent's 2000 hours isn't 2000 static hours, there'll be for example MAYBE 200 cumulative hours with certain static elements - his test was for varied content, which is probably the more representative use case for most people - but I'm sure you can appreciate it's not quite the same test. We could do with RTings or someone repeating the C7 test they did with the new CX's and comparing those results - but that'd be 6months from starting the test before we'd have any tangible results.

vincents test is real world for the average user

rtings is only real for a very small niche

Back
Top Bottom