What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That Omega looks amazing, wrist shot doesn't make it out to be too massive either (compared to some 1000m+ watches!).

For the money are they very impressive!

Very Alpinist/Polaris too which is nice.

Indeed, considering I never even knew the brand until last week, a flurry of research lead me to finding out they're not really a microbrand as they're too large to be one and have their own production factory etc. But they are very popular among microbrand watch fan communities which is kind of odd I guess or maybe not?

I had an email today saying the Tesei Titanium is now ready to pre-order and they are giving first batch orders a price of £349 vs the regular £495. For a watch that's grade 2 Titanium for every component I think that's fantastic value.

I won't get much wear time on it until the Barton strap arrives as leather doesn't do it for me, and this leather is rather thick to boot. I love silicone straps, they stay put and hug the wrist in a cosy way :o

I also came across TRASKA who make a Rolex Explorer inspired watch for not much money too. The fit and finish again looks superb and the dial/colourways are rather distinct: https://www.traskawatch.com/summiteer/sage-green

So many quality nice watches at compelling prices out there, all goes to show modern materials and machining goes a long way without costing ££££.

Last edited:
Associate
The Spinakers are very very very Omega inspired, aren't they? I mean they look good, but scream "omega" to me...
I do like titanium tho, my "main user" watch is a Citizen full titanium and they are awesome; they are light, don't attract sweat (and don't blacken your wrist!), they don't get scratches etc

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm not seeing any Omega in them, do you have any models to compare with that have similarities? From what I've seen these Spinnakers hark back to vintage designs like the compressor style case. The dial and internal bezel is more Longines Legend crossed with Fifty Fathoms I guess.

Associate
That Omega looks amazing, wrist shot doesn't make it out to be too massive either (compared to some 1000m+ watches!).

Indeed, considering I never even knew the brand until last week, a flurry of research lead me to finding out they're not really a microbrand as they're too large to be one and have their own production factory etc. But they are very popular among microbrand watch fan communities which is kind of odd I guess or maybe not?

I had an email today saying the Tesei Titanium is now ready to pre-order and they are giving first batch orders a price of £349 vs the regular £495. For a watch that's grade 2 Titanium for every component I think that's fantastic value.

I won't get much wear time on it until the Barton strap arrives as leather doesn't do it for me, and this leather is rather thick to boot. I love silicone straps, they stay put and hug the wrist in a cosy way :o

I also came across TRASKA who make a Rolex Explorer inspired watch for not much money too. The fit and finish again looks superb and the dial/colourways are rather distinct: https://www.traskawatch.com/summiteer/sage-green

So many quality nice watches at compelling prices out there, all goes to show modern materials and machining goes a long way without costing ££££.

Spot on. Can you drop me a message (not sure how the messaging works here but remember it was tricky last time) - cheers!

dod

dod

Soldato
not really a watch but a nice addition :)
omega1.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
https://www.maenwatches.com/collect...roducts/hudson-38-automatic-date-jet-black-wr

This just popped up on my Instagram feed and couldn't help but check it out. I actually love it! 38mm and rest of the specs seem excellent and it looks like it's pulling it's own in terms of design all round. Think I will grab one to treat myself having just got some good news on a job :cool:

Absolutely love the white chapter ring with red accents.

EaaBYVK.jpg

Suddenly I no longer want/need a BB58 :p

Last edited:
Associate
Seeing all the nice watches makes me miss my Planet Ocean. I put it in for a sewrvice and it was due to be collected from the jewellers aon 27th March.

Lockdown on 23rd March meant no go for that so I have been wearign various other watches including a vintage Seamaster (1960s) and a De Ville from the 80's.

I suppose it means that I don't have to pay the almost £500 for the service yet!

Associate
Why was it "due for a £500 service" ? Was it broken? I have a planet ocean, and I swear it won't go into 'service' until it stops. It's lot like it's an engine and it's going to blow up on you!

Soldato
Why was it "due for a £500 service" ? Was it broken? I have a planet ocean, and I swear it won't go into 'service' until it stops. It's lot like it's an engine and it's going to blow up on you!

I'm of a similar school of thought as you, but others go for the preventative servicing approach which I can understand. If it's used in water then I go for a seals check and a health check every couple of years with an indie.

Soldato
My seamaster is only a quartz model. I took it back to the jewelers after 2 years when the battery died. I think they wanted £85 IIRC but they emailed me to say once Omega had it, it needed a £350 service! I told them I only had it 2 years and it went in for a new battery that's all! Omega did the work for 'free' in the end and even replaced the battery with no charge. It looked brand new when it came back, all scratches polished out (I wear it every day, 10 hours a day).

Associate

I have had the watch since the Planet Ocean was released and this is only its second service. I run it until it starts losing more time than it should.

The watch is always used and has spent a lot of time in pools, the sea, etc when on holiday. It works out at around 80 pounds a year overall I reckon for the two services.

It comes back in a new case looking absolutely like new.

Soldato
Spinnaker arrived today, it went from France to Spain then onwards to the UK, DHL at their finest lol :cool:

Spinnaker_Bradner_boxed.jpg

Spinnaker_Bradner_Lume-vs-Morar.jpg

Spinnaker_Bradner_frontback.gif

The quality of the case finishing and feel is excellent, feels like one solid block of stainless steel and easily up there with something like Hamilton etc. The sunburst dial just looks so classy in the flesh, and the blue AR glimmering in the light suits the colourways.

The lume is thick, bright and very green, but the Marloe has more wow factor with lume I think. IT is brighter and seems to last longer than any Seiko diver I have seen yet.

Just waiting for the Barton navy blue + olive silicone elite straps to arrive before wearing properly. The leather strap is very thick and quite soft, but I don't like leather straps.

That looks like a decent watch for the money.

My latest a birthday gift from the wife.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That looks like a decent watch for the money.

My latest a birthday gift from the wife.

Closeups from this angle always make watches (and peoples heads) look massive :D That is classy though. I would like a dress watch but I'm always wearing casual most days so would not suit really. This is where for me the Morar is in its element, fits in so well with any clothing and doesn't look out of place.

Speaking of which, I've been keeping watch on the sales for the Morar since they only made 250 pieces. Last week they had 12 available and today only 5. These things are selling well. So glad I picked up serial #13. Best lume on any watch I have seen to date :cool:

Soldato
I really like it as you say it looks classy, I usually wear divers watches lol, but it's something I will wear for a change. I have also ordered the same spinnaker as you and it's due for delivery Monday so I hope it's as nice as you say it is.:p

Back
Top Bottom