What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
bb1end.jpg

bb2end.jpg

Thankfully the blackbirds didn't make too much mess, I'll get gloved and masked up and shift it all in a bit.

Caporegime
uyARowu.jpg

Replacement Melett turbo core on my Saab 9-5 Aero as it was starting to get a little smokey. Car seems to have a bit more poke now but might just be placebo. More than likely remap pushed the old one over the edge. TD04 is a lot more fiddly to remove than the CT20B in my Toyota. A lot of bending arms and hands into unatural positions!

Associate
Spanner check after a track day last week. Good thing too as the bolt on a suspension radius arm had come loose (notorius on Caterhams apparently), though you need to take the seat out to get a hex key on the other side of the bold in the cabin to hold it still while the other side is tightened.

Brake fluid change tonight as its getting a bit spongy.

Soldato
Had a delivery and so I washed the car for the first time ever with snow foam. I had to cut the wash short as when I got the drying stages the heavens opened but it looks far better none the less.

Wash1.jpg

Wash2.jpg

Wash3.jpg

Looking forward to when I can spend a few hours on it.

Soldato
Had new front brake pads fitting this morning, Ford finally got me the correct jack to fit in my car (it's taken a year of on-off searching), had it washed at a local hand job place, then brought it home to try and find a leak that only appears when it rains sometimes and only when the car lists slightly to the left. Can't find it yet, but will have to keep my eye out as some of the water drips down onto the electronics for the active park module, which for some unknown reason is sat in the boot...

Once I've found that leak and the blingy sequential mirror indicators I want come back in stock I think I'll finally be happy. Car just needs a detail now as it's never had one and the spider webs are starting to show!

Tea Drinker
Don
Roof rails, solid aluminium LR parts so come with all the correct bits and not lolLR cost and rear seats fitted so now a van with rear seats. Pretty decent match to the HSE front seats. Windows will never work.

GhQRMbh.jpg

jxmFANZ.jpg

OUgJWhK.jpg

Soldato
Service yesterday and a smoke test to try and diagnose a bit of a hesitation the car has had for a while. No leaks and reassuringly consistent compression across all 4 mighty cylinders to rule out anything more serious.

Also been looking at getting a roof rack to carry mine and my oldest daughters bike but as I want aero flush type bars in black they're not particularly to easy to find for my car (out with new that is, but in far too tight to pay £400 for a complete system) even if I buy the components separately

Back
Top Bottom