Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Man of Honour
It's not over 200GB for me - 192GB

Download wise, at 20MB/s (150Mbps connection) it's downloaded in less that 3 hours.
I'm sure it took longer to manually install games on floppy disks, cd's and DVDs. Plus all the faffing swapping disks over
This, you just leave running and go and watch tv, go out or do something else for a while (or overnight)
3rd world problems!

Regardless of how long, what I do when it's downloading and ISP speed, even 192GB is exceptionally high IMO, which makes me think about the way this has been packaged, delivered and even coded.

Associate
Could setup an OcUK squad (or whatever it's called)?
Get a bit bored of solos / duos but I'm not particularly good. I'm use to CS style games so all this armour and running away to put more plates in is a new concept, as is using UAV etc.
I was much better during the free weekend of normal MP.

Soldato
150meg is by no means average!

Probably 30meg at a guess

(22meg after a quick Google)
Yes, UK average is something like 22mbps but most people I know in non rural areas have broadband or some form of fibre.
I think the 22mbps will be greatly reduced by a select few who only can get a really low speed connection based on where they live (or just not wanting to pay for broadband, but paying through the nose for a landline and free weekend calls!) The latter being a good example of my parents.
They can get fibre but choose to keep their landline and a crappy post office connection instead of having fibre installed. The fibre connection would lost less than the phone line each month, but they want to keep their phone no. which they have had in the same house for 35 years

Regardless of how long, what I do when it's downloading and ISP speed, even 192GB is exceptionally high IMO, which makes me think about the way this has been packaged, delivered and even coded.

Probably slightly poor packaging but still beats the likes of GTAV with all the rockstar sign in, launch and social club turd.

Get a bit bored of solos / duos but I'm not particularly good. I'm use to CS style games so all this armour and running away to put more plates in is a new concept, as is using UAV etc.

MP is much better and still play it a lot more than Warzone. One in the chamber is great if you dont like all the UAVs, radars, VTOLs, cruise missiles etc.

Caporegime
Clipboard02.jpg

:D

Soldato
Seriously Im hacked off with Warzone.
With vanilla MW multiplayer, I am always owning and manytimes end of the top of the list.

But when it comes to Warzone I have NEVER won one.
The best I have ended up is 6th or so....

Then I watch this guy... who seems to be well respected in the CoDMW community:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l65SivYnYxg

And I watch him play, honestly speaking if I didnt watch his video, I could swear that he is aimhacking.
I mean the way the sights just snaps onto his targets is just mental.

I know hes a console player and comes back to the old adage about console players having better aim assist than PC non controller players.
I did see a video the other day of a YT-ber comparing the latest update "aim assist" which seems to have gone into overdrive recently....

What are your thoughts?
Sourgrapes I guess :D?

Watched 4 minutes and turned him off. Are entertainment standards so low now that dudes like this get 2m subs....wtf.
Also look at the way he navigates the UI in crates etc, the dude obviously just lives in this game. He picked his loadout before it even appeared on screen ffs.

To be fair to him he moves better with a pad than I do with M&K.

Soldato
How many people play with auto sprint turned on?
Nope, when you sprint you give away your position mode. Certainly not good when walking on metal
I just use my little finger on left shift as I do with all games.
It does get interesting when with hybrid scoped weapons and sprinting sometimes as ill try to sprint and the scope will flip. Not really a problem though, i'm just overly pressing shift (make sure to turn off sticky keys!)

Caporegime
They really need to do a BAN WAVE soon, as so many cheaters are still playing with ever an increasing number.. This is way worse than EA's Battlefield! Also what happened to the report system when it tells you anyone you've reported has been banned?

Associate

Hey man I'm looking for people to play Warzone with, are you interested? It doesn't matter if you're good or not it'll be better than solos like you said!

Soldato
I had a fun game on Trios yesterday.
My 2 mates were terrible but I managed to stay alive with my 100 round Holger loadout, wipe out 2 squads of 3 and buy them back in. We came 18th but not too bad considering. I got 8 kills which was the most ever for me
Wiping a whole squad without a single reload is satisfying :D

Back
Top Bottom