Who here owns a Subaru?

Soldato
I have a complete set of 2005 STI Brembo's with lines and back plates I've been meaning to shift if you're interested

Hearing mixed results about swapping the calipers out. Some say it's an improvement but then as the Spec B comes with 316mm discs, some standard discs and uprated pads are just as good.

I'll see how I get on with the yellowstuffs I've ordered :)

Soldato
Pleased to say that as of 15th June all being well I shall be the proud owner of a 2005 Subaru Impreza STI Spec C Type RA :D

White, 73K, completely original with manuals etc.

Stuff I've already bought:-

18" Black Speedline wheels
HKS BOV
CAE Racing Ultra Shifter
Red Recaro SPGs
Black Sabelt harness (won't be using these day to day)
Rally Armour mudflaps
Perrin wing stiffies X2
Rear window vents

Has the nasty sticky dash so going to replace it with S204 dash (think that doesn't go sticky)

Think that's everything so far. Have arranged for the car to go into a local car engineering firm towards the end of June to have the underneath stripped, powerder coated and rebuilt.

Think the engine and box are OK but will leave these till last.

Soldato
I think white is the only colour I've seen a spec C in!

It'll be a blobeye on 05 won't it? Twin scroll?

Post plenty of pics when you get it!

Soldato
I know someone in work with a blue spec C hawkeye, i think its on an 08 plate but that's not a true representation of its age. I believe it was one of only a couple of blue ones as it was originally imported to be a spare shell for a rally car but ended up never being needed so was sold on to the guy i know.

Soldato
I hope so Lee because a Hawk STi with the EJ207 is just <3 <3 <3

Yes, it's a white hawk.

Unfortunately, its bedroom isn't finished. I had builders refurbing my garage but they cried off at the start of the lockdown. Annoying as there seems to be load of building work going on!

I have other garages available to use so won't have to sit on the driveway.

Pic from the seller

49973482372_c3995e041b_z.jpg

I know someone in work with a blue spec C hawkeye, i think its on an 08 plate but that's not a true representation of its age. I believe it was one of only a couple of blue ones as it was originally imported to be a spare shell for a rally car but ended up never being needed so was sold on to the guy i know.

There was a few brought in pretty much direct from Subaru Japan. They were to be converted but it never happened. There was a 10 plate Spec C on ebay for a while at the start of the year.

Soldato
It's a jap import, 2.0l turbo, think it's the same as what comes in the WRX? Has sti front splitter, seats, speedometer, rear spoiler, and slightly stiffer suspension, it's about 240 bhp out of the factory

Soldato
I was going to say, that looks very STi-esque.

I don't think the Subarus need much fettling on the outside but a new set of wheels would really complete the car.

Back
Top Bottom