The µ43 thread - welcome to the really dark side

Associate
12-40. Was eyeing up a grey import and then it vanished from the site so assumed stock was low.
Not much point me getting it at the moment though as it'll mainly be as a walk-around for day trips / holidays.

Caporegime
I usually buy from E-Infin but theyre out of stock currently, be worth keeping an eye out.

Ebay is good if there's a discount code on. I got my 40-150 F2.8 really cheap that way.

Last edited:
Soldato
I take it you are looking at a single lens that can cover wide to telephoto and the convenience of it?

Not used it myself as I have other lenses which cover the range but am sure you'll find loads of reviews online.

I like the lens given it starts at 12mm (24ff) but I wouldn't expect it to be sharp throughout its range.

Associate
Looks like Olympus have confirmed they are exiting the camera market (selling up to JIP).
They are bound to restructure but generally doesn't bode well for m4/3 with Panasonic now in the full frame game.

I thought the compact nature would be a real seller but it hasn't taken off as I thought it would many years ago.
Now the question is, do I get a pro lens whilst readily available, or make do and switch if m4/3 as a format ends up dead?!

Soldato
Panasonic are still in the M4/3 market and have released a new camera today, all be it a crappy one. I believe Olympus do also have some lenses to release which they probably will. Whether JIP continue the brand is to be seen.

Soldato
Only downside to Olympus giving up is the question of repairs & service, especially important for those £1k+ pro lenses, would certainly make me question investing so much cash now into one of those lenses, you should still be fine in warranty but if your lens decides to go funny out of warranty it could become an expensive paperweight

Soldato
Any recs for a filter to go on my 75-300mm to protect the lens, was looking at getting a nano coated one from B&W as they are supposedly good for keeping water off when it's raining but wonder if I should get a cheaper Hoya ?

Back
Top Bottom