Greenlizard0 PL Football Thread ** spoilers ** [23rd 25th June 2020]

Don
OP
A very good performance from start to finish. Could have easily been 6 or 7 had we been a bit more ruthless and or if VAR gave subjective overturns to teams outside Manchester.
Whoever wins the champions league this season, they’re certainly not the best team in Europe.
They should void both UEFA competitions tbh.

Caporegime
I enjoyed that game more than any others since the restart. It was a pure exhibition of how to play the beautiful game.

Every manager and coach in the world trying to improve their team should watch and learn from it.

Don
OP
Wow. Palace didn't have a single touch in our 18 yard box the entire game - first time it's happened since they started recording stats.

Soldato
That is the Liverpool we've come to know over the past few seasons.

I was 7 years old when Liverpool last won the league, we are close now, very close, but anything can happen and we've been here before. One game at a time.

Don't want to speculate what will happen tomorrow and it doesn't matter (well it could all be over), we'll look towards the next 7 games to come, one at a time.

PS. First post in the Sports forums.

Don
OP
I think Fabinho has a lot to do with that. When he’s on his game it’s like having a 3 man defence in the midfield.
He's part of the reason but we're the complete package. In games like today in particular, when we're going to dominate the game, it's so difficult for sides to attack us. We pin sides back (thanks to Fabinho and our midfield in general) and sides often have to resort to going long and VVD will dominate pretty much every striker in the air and beat them in a foot race, and then you have Alisson willing to come 40 yards from goal to sweep up too.

Don
OP
well, first time since 2008.

Is that when records began? :D
That's when Opta started recording those stats, yes. Obviously we'll never know but I suspect it dates back a lot longer than 12 years. It's mental to think that across 95 minutes Palace didn't have a single touch in our area. Not even a deflection, a flicked header from a long ball or cross. Nothing.
Weird hearing TAA with such a thick scouse accent. You expect it when you see carragher.

Bit like when you hear Beckham talk. Unexpected.
It's not that strong. Wait until you hear Curtis Jones speak.

fez

fez

Caporegime
That's when Opta started recording those stats, yes. Obviously we'll never know but I suspect it dates back a lot longer than 12 years. It's mental to think that across 95 minutes Palace didn't have a single touch in our area. Not even a deflection, a flicked header from a long ball or cross. Nothing.

It's not that strong. Wait until you hear Curtis Jones speak.

I watched a Curtis Jones interview and he does look quite scouse. I think he was talking to a foreign journalist and to be fair to him, he was talking very slowly so I think he knows his accent is like treacle.

Back
Top Bottom