Official Home Gym Building Thread

Associate
they're not in stock though :)

ye nothing is in stock, i cant just buy a barbell when even the benches are gone! may as well wait till july hoping for a small discount and still going to my £10 gym group.

i think £1500 investment will be worthwhile for a permanent home gym, so i can train twice a day and have more solo support. but my issue is that i am hoping it doesnt rust or anyhting if i have an out door gym

Associate
Depends on the machine - the Mirafit Cable machine (£200) you load up with olympic or standard plates... but you can also get others with the weight stack built into it. Typically those ones seem to be more expensive though

they look pretty sick ngl, but i dont think you can put a lot of weight on, even with cast iron plates. also i would rather pay more for a dual pulley system because i know i will yearn for the chest flies eventually

dod

dod

Soldato
ye nothing is in stock, i cant just buy a barbell when even the benches are gone! may as well wait till july hoping for a small discount and still going to my £10 gym group.

i think £1500 investment will be worthwhile for a permanent home gym, so i can train twice a day and have more solo support. but my issue is that i am hoping it doesnt rust or anyhting if i have an out door gym
Fitness Superstore :p although there's only one of those three packages left now.
6 ft oly barbells on their own as well at sensible prices :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Had this on back order for 4 weeks. A wall mounted, slim, high / low pulley for my home gym. I may get some 1"to 2"sleeves. The plates don't move around really so probably not needed.

DSCF8802.jpg

DSCF8800.jpg

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Nice looking machine! What is the max load it can take, how are you finding the pulley smoothness?

https://www.gorillasports.co.uk/wall-mounted-lat-station

300KG, should be enough for my bicep curls...

Since mines attached to the log cabin wall I wouldn't load up 300KG anyway. I've stood on it and moved up and down it (I'm 81kg) and it was rock solid.

It's not that smooth, there's some resistance which makes weights feel heavier than they are. Good if you want to to keep the weight down I suppose :)

Soldato
Had this on back order for 4 weeks. A wall mounted, slim, high / low pulley for my home gym. I may get some 1"to 2"sleeves. The plates don't move around really so probably not needed.

Nice setup dude and the pulley is a great addition. :) I got one of those cheap high pulleys that wraps round the top bar of my cage. Can only take 30kg's worth of plates at most but still pretty decent for finishers after the main work is out of the way. Only £25 too. I might buy something more substantial when the prices stop being mental. :mad: (As an example a spin bike i put on my wanted list a while back that was £369 is now going for £599 on Powerhouse fitness! Don't get me started on dumbbells and other weights...)

UXB

UXB

Associate

That looks great, i would love a proper pulley system but i have to make do with my DIY effort, it does run quite smooth but it makes the weights feel really heavy.

jYGsYKh.jpg

Associate
https://www.gorillasports.co.uk/wall-mounted-lat-station

300KG, should be enough for my bicep curls...

Since mines attached to the log cabin wall I wouldn't load up 300KG anyway. I've stood on it and moved up and down it (I'm 81kg) and it was rock solid.

It's not that smooth, there's some resistance which makes weights feel heavier than they are. Good if you want to to keep the weight down I suppose :)
Do you think you could get a dual cable attachment? Do they exist

Associate
Nope, if you purchase the 90cm deep version their is a rear stabilising bar that you can purchase on the website so it does not need bolting down. The M2 pull up bar had a bit of wobble in the handles which was irritating. M3 pull up bar is solid in comparison, also mirafit sells different pull up bars on the website for the M3.

What exactly is westside spacing?
Does the 90cm deep version cost extra? It's like £480 normally, right?
Is the 90cm deep version just the extension kit added on?
I will likely need the J hooks (£50/80), landmine attachment (£80) and the dip handles (£90). Have you tried either? Hoping the dips don't cause wobble, or even tipping lol

Will the M3 rust as a backyard gym? Will need to think the same about their £200 lat pulldown machine

Last edited:
Associate
Depends on the machine - the Mirafit Cable machine (£200) you load up with olympic or standard plates... but you can also get others with the weight stack built into it. Typically those ones seem to be more expensive though

Do you know how much you can load onto it? Thinking of swapping out the black bumper plates for cast iron so I can put more on that cable machine.
Just for lat pull downs I go lighter than something like a tricep rope extension. I'm not sure if the weight stacks at the gym translate to real bumper plate weight, because a 100k on the stack feels a LOT lighter than say 100kilo plates

Soldato
Do you know how much you can load onto it? Thinking of swapping out the black bumper plates for cast iron so I can put more on that cable machine.
Just for lat pull downs I go lighter than something like a tricep rope extension. I'm not sure if the weight stacks at the gym translate to real bumper plate weight, because a 100k on the stack feels a LOT lighter than say 100kilo plates

I think it says on their website?

As the other said yeah ratios... the lat machine I got cheap has a pulldown and low row cable and also a pair of press arms and because of how the cable is routed the ratio is different for each - I looked up the manual online and it has a chart to translate from the weight you set on the pins to what you're actually pushing/pulling

Back
Top Bottom