15 police officers hurt in brixton overnight

Caporegime
Is "playing" dumb all you've got left?

I'm not playing anything, i'm asking a question for what you thought was a riot as you've made zero distinctions.

I'll just be blunt then, if there's a distinction between a protest and a riot, why have you seemingly (in my view) provided no weight to the former?

Last edited:
Soldato
Your post literally states when its "black rioters" that "no-one gets arrested", yet during the first BLM protest here on June 8th, 35 people were arrested:

I've highlighted the relevant parts of my post for you, where I gave an example (an instance serving for illustration) of what people (not me) might think and then I specifically said those examples are not true in every situation.

I think it's the "dual standards" that people feel exist in how these events are Policed and reported. So for example -

Black rioters - Race not mentioned in media
White rioters - Far Right scum etc

Black rioters - Police stand back so they don't inflame the situation and no-one gets arrested
White rioters - Police crack some skulls, dozens in jail

Of course whether any of this is true very much depends on each individual case, but people mostly like to apply "generalisms" when they see the same things so often and those examples above are the sort of "general" thoughts likely held by far more people than would admit to it in public for fear of being called racist etc.

Hopefully that makes sense to you.

Caporegime
Love how the media is tiptoeing around this story so as not to disturb the massive elephant in the room.

An elephant they, or rather the US media, largely created and hyped up... as Coleman Hughes highlighted in his city-journal article, even if you reduce police killings by 99% you can still amplify the footage of the remaining 1% and get the same reaction, riots etc...

Dumb thing is that the whole racist police killing people is mostly just a myth/perception issue and lack of any serious discussion, nuance on the topic in politics is preventing most people from seeing the truth. Instead it's just accepted that these outlier incidents are symptomatic of a larger problem and black people's lives are in danger... racial tensions get heightened and mob violence results.

Soldato
Everyone can see it for what it is though, they don't need to say anything.

It's all becoming so overt their nothing to see here act is adding to the escalation. Don't pee on me and tell me it's raining.
I dont get what you are all trying to get at. It is in the papers. What do you want them to actually say about it?

This is the fault of the Tories running down police numbers and underfunding them over the last 10 years. Morale in the police force must be pretty low right now and you expect them to run into a vastly outnumbering hostile crowd?

Soldato
But if they weren't soft on "black lives matter" rioters earlier when they were pulling down statues and vandalising everything in sight, they wouldn't have the balls to do this stuff now.

Caporegime
But if they weren't soft on "black lives matter" rioters earlier when they were pulling down statues and vandalising everything in sight, they wouldn't have the balls to do this stuff now.

Course they would. You think it would have made any difference?

Last edited:
Soldato
Dont be silly. You very much under estimate what people will do. This is football hooligan level disturbance not the uprising of 'the blacks'.

Back
Top Bottom