15 police officers hurt in brixton overnight

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Think about what they'll vote for if this is allowed to continue.
I'm not ignorant of Obama's political and presidential flaws, however I would much rather a revolutionary push with someone of his character than that of his void-filling successor.

Those with passionate political motives will flock to their messiah, regardless of side.

Given CV19, I wouldn't of seen any harm in using a megaphone and some rifles with rubber bullets.

Simple fix for simple minds.

Caporegime
I'm not ignorant of Obama's political and presidential flaws, however I would much rather a revolutionary push with someone of his character than that of his void-filling successor.

Those with passionate political motives will flock to their messiah, regardless of side.

Void filling implies they don't do any good but likewise don't do any harm. He's a walking disaster.

Soldato
Then why is crime down? Unless there's an obscene level of statistical fiddling (I'm sure it happens), there doesn't appear to be a need for aggressive police who are likely to be counter-productive.

I don't think it is really down, just people don't see the point in reporting it anymore. Or deal with it themselves (like one of my neighbours did, beat the thief senseless and left him in the road).

Back in the day people didn't mess with police, but now they just seem soft after all the box ticking exercises. I'm not a huge guy but if I was a crim. I wouldn't feel even remotely threatened by a small female officer coming at me. Because what are they going to do when they get to me?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ah just like the good old days when I lived in Hackney in the 80s and 90s. Nothing has changed. People are fed up and angry that the Govt has ignored them.

There will be lots more riots coming over the next year, mark my words.

Funded by remainer groups and the EU no doubt, they didn't just suddenly go away after being voted out of political relevance by the British electorate. Now that they've lost the battle in the ring they start making trouble outside of it.

Soldato
Why was this story not upto 200 white youths cause mass brawl?

Did you even bother to watch the video in the article?

Because the male spoiling for a fight at the start (and then getting involved in a scuffle later on) looks awfully dark skinned for a 'white' fella....

Hold up the clown express Tony thinks he's seen upto '200' 'white' youths fighting

..... looked more like 20 people mostly engaged in a bit of pushing, shoving and posturing from the video with others milling about.... But that doesn't help the narrative now does it ...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Funded by remainer groups and the EU no doubt, they didn't just suddenly go away after being voted out of political relevance by the British electorate. Now that they've lost the battle in the ring they start making trouble outside of it.

Sure because absolutely no one else is looking to destabilise us. Perhaps it's time to move on from this anachronistic argument?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Void filling implies they don't do any good but likewise don't do any harm. He's a walking disaster.
Wrong void. I'm talking about the void who were left insulted when the populace chose an oudatedly-controversial leader.

Why is the quote red? Obviously implies something, something i don't get, so can you point it out?
Point it out with underlined, bold, red letters perhaps?

'have'

Soldato
Brixton is still an absolute dive despite the gentrification. Yeah there's a few nice bars and hipster coffee shops now butas soon as you step outside you feel like you could be stabbed at any second like it's always been.

Been out in Brixton tonnes of times over the last 20 years. Never felt I was going to be stabbed. Maybe it is your paranoia.

Soldato
Then why is crime down? Unless there's an obscene level of statistical fiddling (I'm sure it happens), there doesn't appear to be a need for aggressive police who are likely to be counter-productive.

My point was that for crowd control, riots, public disorder etc it's generally accepted that a mix of men and women, regardless of their different strengths in other situations, just doesn't work as an effect deterrent during violent confrontations, but we don't have enough officers so the police are "forced" to use less effective officers in these situations. So we, as a country, will have to decide whether we leave the system as it is or if we increase Police numbers across the board so that we can adequately staff incidents like these with more effective officers.

Soldato
Meh.

Our police have been utterly embarrassed. The justice system is absolutely appalling and far from rewarding the efforts of our police, prefers to throw their work to the wind time and time again.

I've considered policing myself, but why should I work so hard to have it thrown out by a wet lettuce of a court system. I could make that much driving a truck from A to B and when all is said and done, I'd likely have had a similar impact on crime prevention just sitting on my bum. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Commissario
There was an interview with a Met Officer from the 70's and he was talking about how Hendon used to pump out Police who were 6ft tall at a minimum and "hard men" who ran from no-one and gave twice as good as they got if someone dared whack them and he was ashamed by this "new" form of Policing. While being inclusive has had some fantastic results in some areas I think it's now being shown to have some very negative results in specific circumstances like these.
Ah the 70's, that time that everyone looks back at fondly, where half the police were in the palms of (or at the very least ignoring) serious crime, when rape was laughed off by them, sexual assault and groping was just part of the daily routine and nothing you should bother the police with, when if they didn't like the looks of you and there had been a crime they were under pressure to clear it wasn't unknown for them make sure the evidence fitted the story they wanted to tell*, and to hell with getting the actual criminal, after all if the criminal struck again they could just get someone else they didn't like to confess in an interview without a lawyer present, if that person was of "diminished responsibility" or a bit different all the better.

The differences between now and those oh, so halcyon days of yore was that an unacceptable number of the police tended to use too much force, didn't bother with evidence or were horrendously sloppy a lot of the time, and the main one, there were far, far more of them, and they were often "local" so likely knew may of the people they saw (unlike now where you're lucky if a town of 50-100k has an actual police station, let alone officers who know the area, it used to be virtually every town had a station/officers who knew it really well).

It's weird, I tend to like police who don't use massive amounts of force as their one and only option, who are chosen at least as much for their intelligence and ability to think/learn as their size, and can actually do their job in a manner that's usually effective.

The old thing about "they had to be 6 foot" was because of intimidation, in reality it's been shown time and time again that having smaller people can actually work better in a lot of situations, as oddly enough if you can train someone to de-escalate a situation (and in this it helps to be smaller or know body language**), you can use force a lot less often, and reduce the risks of injury not just to the suspect, but the officers involved.
Same with general self defence and similar training for the officers, you don't have to a roid'd up 6 foot body builder to be able to subdue someone, you're better off having more or better training, which is oddly enough what they do now.

I always find it telling the people who think the police should be shooting people, and using levels of force that are if not highly likely to be lethal, at the very least are highly likely to maim, including people whose worst crime might be to have not cleared out the way, or got behind a wall fast enough.

*Hence all the cases that got quashed on appeals when it turned out the police had ignored/destroyed evidence that didn't fit the story, or simply didn't bother looking for anything else once they'd got a suspect that a bit of evidence suggested might have been near the scene.

**From memory the police now get training in what sort of body language looks less threatening, which helps relax suspects on an unconscious level so they are less likely to kick off, and more likely to calm down.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Why would they be funded by remainer groups and the EU? What crackpot CT have you got now?

Personally I think there will be some more race related ones plus some ones from Brexit deluded supporters who realise things are now actually worse and nothing has got better in their lives from leaving the EU so they cant blame the EU anymore and start blaming the Govt.

Back
Top Bottom