Camping out side hairdressers on the 3rd?

Soldato
I just shaved my head at start of lockdown - Think I’m just going to do that again rather than go to barbers.

Soldato
I would usually be the first to reserve my slot at the barbers but lock down has made me have probably the longest hair I've had in 20 or so years. So I'm growing it out for the foreseeable.

Would love a shape up though

Consigliere
I don't trust anyone else

Then camp out...but i think you have already decided this pre thread tbh. :o

It's a haircut. Hair grows. Unless you are geting a chessboard/some sort of ridic fading I don't see it truly as a massive deal. You probably have lots and lots of hair to remove so anything will be better than now.

Associate
TO be honest places like that not doing appointment only for the first couple of weeks is stupid IMO. Its not like they wont get the business and don't risk crowds and brawls by saying just try your luck.
This is what my barber is doing.

He said he’s not opening up like normal he’s doing appointments for the first few weeks.

Soldato
I'm in two minds about going back just yet. I think it'll be busy at the start and I'm not sure I'm overly keen on going when infections can very easily still spread, then there will be the whole masks and things which will be required.

I've had 2 haircuts since lockdown, which I've been doing at home. It isn't as good as what my hairdresser does, but it's been doing the job well enough.

So I'm thinking I might return, but not quite yet but at the same time, I've had the same hairdresser for a number of years.

Soldato
TO be honest places like that not doing appointment only for the first couple of weeks is stupid IMO. Its not like they wont get the business and don't risk crowds and brawls by saying just try your luck.

Was just about to say the same thing.

With millions of blokes (and women for Salons) needing a haircut, it should have been a condition on opening that for the first month they operate on a booking schedule so that there's not a sudden mass of people queuing for several hours.

Jesus, can no-one organise anything in this country?

Soldato
I got fed up and shaved my own (using a "quickcut" shaver). Looks neat enough, I'll probably not bother with barbers anymore now I have the confidence to do it. 2 cuts and it's paid for itself plus no hassle of actually going to a barbers.

Once they open the waiting list will be weeks long.

Back
Top Bottom