7 am and my lifes over :(

Caporegime
You could have told her that someone pood through your letterbox (probably some scallywag from the ocuk forum), and that said turd knocked over the bottle of alcohol.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just go over it with a hairdryer and it will disappear. If that doesnt work fire as others have already stated is the only option.

Man of Honour
Surely it could have been sponged up and dried. Will it not then sand and re-laquer?

Nah ipa leaves a residue and eats into the lacquer a hairdryer will hide it almost certainly. I know this as I spilled a bottle over our table in the dining room which is oak and has a laquer stain type affair going on. Hairdryer is what I used and you would never know :D

Caporegime
Just dropped an 1ltr bottle of isopropyl alcohol onto the parquet Floor in the kitchen. It promptly melted all the varnish off the floor.

missus is still in bed. Do i just pack my bags and leave now?

Don't worry,given she was still in bed at least you didn't use the isopropyl alcohol for anything really sinister, she'll appreciate that I'm sure. :):p

Soldato
OP
It's not real parquet though? it's tiles that look like it?

shouldn't real parquet all be seamless not tile shaped or it defeats the point surely?

no its real wood parquet. But its laid in squares.

dont ask me i didnt put it down lol, theres loads of it spare in the garage.

its this stuff.

https://woodflooringsupplies.co.uk/oak-parquet-flooring-tiles

who ever mentioned that it would just accelerate her plans to replace the floor was completly right tho as all ive heard all day is “i didnt like that floor anyway” and “lets just replace the whole thing now”

Last edited:
Soldato

its this stuff.

who ever mentioned that it would just accelerate her plans to replace the floor was completly right tho as all ive heard all day is “i didnt like that floor anyway” and “lets just replace the whole thing now”

I've said it once I'll say it again, check the bottle for butter or other lubricants, your wife gone done Keyser Soze'd you.

Soldato

its this stuff.

Was the lid loose and the bottle covered in goose fat?

Back
Top Bottom