*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
what will you guys be going with ? new nvidia GPUs and ryzen 4 series ?
I am sticking with my ryzen 3600 which is at 4.4ghz and will be more than good enough to hit and maintain 60fps, my bottleneck will be the GPU. The plan is to get a 3070 which will hopefully have much better RT performance than a 2080Ti.

Soldato
what will you guys be going with ? new nvidia GPUs and ryzen 4 series ?

I'll be going with what I currently have, 4790k/2070S at 1440p. Hopefully, it'll be decent enough. I'm willing to use DLSS and a mix of medium/high.

Ideally, I should be replacing the entire platform already but I'm waiting till it's absolutely necessary before I jump to Ryzen.

Soldato
Will upgrade living room gpu to high end Nvidia. Game now mostly on large screen and brought OLED with HDMI 2.1 to leverage HDR gaming 4:4:4 120hz @4k, even if I can’t do that there is Gsync.

CPU it will be overclocked 8700k, not much better When overclocked CPU wise for gaming unless all 12 threads get fully hammered. Suspect I will be GPU bound.

Man of Honour
https://www.gamepressure.com/editor...eview-after-four-hours-im-a-bit-concern/z72c2

It appears combat and driving in the game is clunky and it is still quite buggy.

"Night City is at once very pretty and very mediocre. At the same time, moving around isn’t boring. The town is full of thugs, freaks, people with bizarre stories, like that one dude who broke his testicles with a faulty Mr. Stud implant and needed to visit a clinic. I killed a bunch of lunatics from Maelstrom and I petted a cat. Am I thrilled with Cyberpunk 2077? Nope. But after sleeping on it, I think the greatest enemy of this game will be the hype."

That bold section is and always has been my number one worry for the title. Cyberpunk has over the years built up an almost second-coming like level of hype which is surely going to be impossible to live up to.

Soldato
"Night City is at once very pretty and very mediocre. At the same time, moving around isn’t boring. The town is full of thugs, freaks, people with bizarre stories, like that one dude who broke his testicles with a faulty Mr. Stud implant and needed to visit a clinic. I killed a bunch of lunatics from Maelstrom and I petted a cat. Am I thrilled with Cyberpunk 2077? Nope. But after sleeping on it, I think the greatest enemy of this game will be the hype."

That bold section is and always has been my number one worry for the title. Cyberpunk has over the years built up an almost second-coming like level of hype which is surely going to be impossible to live up to.

Exactly that is my main concern here too. But W3 had a legion of fans defending it,yet had some problems at it's core too,which were glossed over - commentators who found any flaws or didn't give it 10/10 got attacked,etc. One reviewer who criticised the game for its combat style,had to pull the video,just because the game didn't do it for him!

You can see it ,where some are in denial at how poor the performance in the game is mere months before launch,thinking that sub 1080p native performance at well under 60fps is fine,and it will be all fixed. For the level of visuals on offer performance looks terrible,yet they have so much faith in CDPR,etc they can't see where this heading.

Last edited:
Soldato

That's the downside of announcing something 7 years before it's ready, people's imagination runs wild. I won't be bothered either way if it turns out not to be that great. As long as the story is decent and the world is cool it should be fine by me.

Soldato
I'll reserve judgment until a bit closer to release. Four and a half months is still a long time to fix things, so I'm not giving up hope that they can fix some of the issues people have with the latest gameplay.

Associate
I am sticking with my ryzen 3600 which is at 4.4ghz and will be more than good enough to hit and maintain 60fps, my bottleneck will be the GPU. The plan is to get a 3070 which will hopefully have much better RT performance than a 2080Ti.

my ryzen 9, is at 3.80 GHz, would that cause much of a slowdown ? when are the new amd chips coming out ?

Soldato
Guys please stop talking about CPU's. I'm trying to convince myself to get a new GPU, I don't need to start thinking I need a whole new system. I'm pretending my 2700x will do the job.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
my ryzen 9, is at 3.80 GHz, would that cause much of a slowdown ? when are the new amd chips coming out ?
It depends, if you are only trying to hit 60fps then it will do it easily. But more importantly, why only 3.8GHz? I assume that is your base clock and games boost much higher anyway as they are not intensive workloads.

Soldato
I have a Ryzen 5 2600,so you are in a better situation than me! :p

I wouldn't consider any upgrades,until we see actual performance reviews.

As I've said, I'll be waiting until my birthday potentially for a new graphics card, so I'll have had a few months to see if the CPU will be a major issue. 1440p 75hz monitor, so I'm not worried too much about the CPU vs GFX.

Soldato
Guys please stop talking about CPU's. I'm trying to convince myself to get a new GPU, I don't need to start thinking I need a whole new system. I'm pretending my 2700x will do the job.

On the CPU front you're golden. Game will be overwhelmingly GPU bound for years to come.

Soldato
Yup, like any new game, its all about the GPU, even my Skylake 6700K at 4.5GHZ will be fine, runs all the latest games with my RTX 2080 super just fine, put all your money towards a 3080 not cpu.

Back
Top Bottom