E-Scooter discussion after fatal collision

Permabanned
Just what every environmentally concerned vegan needs to ride to The Blue Oyster Club on biker night.
Just to put your statement into perspective I have advanced arthritis, have to use a walking stick and I'm on the waiting list for two new knees.
If I drive to my workplace I have to walk 1 mile from the car park which is a major problem and I can no longer ride my two normal bikes unless I get off and push in certain places which also causes a problem because I'm walking.
An e-Bike is the perfect solution and I never get stuck in traffic on my 4.5 mile commute.
It sounds like you're the n00b.

Sounds more like you and everyone you know are F'd up in one way or another.

Soldato
It's a scooter like a ped I think.

Although this doesn't... hmm...

Stylistically it is a harley chop which the yanks call a scooter not a bike (we would consider Lambretta or Vespas as scooters).

It has no pedals so it cannot be an ebike (or pedelec) and anyway power-wise it falls outside that law.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I think the safety feature states to lube up and go limp :D

...that might have been a different product manual.

Soldato
That's nuts did I hear him say it was spinning up the wheel at 40mph? Mental thing.

I'm all for legalising rideables in the UK and recognise the need for more than 250W on scooters and ebikes but I can't see myself ever condoning something like that.

Soldato
Haha, I like that he is wearing a motocross helmet but shorts and a T-shirt. If he came off that thing at 40+mph the friction from the road would literally skin him alive. But don’t worry his head will be fine! :D

Caporegime
Yeah... but does a bike look like a suitcase?

How about this one then:

hdqrKN1l.jpg

A motor that powerful falls into the motor vehicle category thus requires insurance, MOT and driving licence so it's not really comparable to typical electric bikes and scooters. Electric bikes up to 250W don't require any of that.

Caporegime
Rental e-scooters to be made legal on roads in Great Britain from Saturday :
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53219331

The vehicles are banned on pavements, will be limited to 15.5mph and it is recommended that riders wear helmets. Privately owned e-scooters remain illegal on roads.

Judging from what I've seen in London so far with the illegal ones out there, I guess we'll now have more illegal ones to look forward to, many more out there with a complete lack of road sense, more riders texting away on them, the continuation of zero indicating from any of them and more pavement use to boot. Things will likely continue to get worse as the lockdown gets more relaxed as well with commuters and tourists.

To be honest, with all the silliness on the roads already in London I'm not sure I'll be putting too much effort in to avoiding any of them tooling about in front of my bike any more. See you on the road :p

Back
Top Bottom