*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Caporegime
Very true. I'm one for story over gruelling difficulty, so I play on Easy. Recently bumped up to normal and even though my characters are level 10, it's incredibly gruelling.

Gave up in a huff tonight, going to see if the main quest is any easier.
If it's anything like Icewind Dale (I played IWD2), then there are builds that work and make things easy, and builds that suck horribly and are a slog from the word "go". If it's anything like IWD2 :p

I've been meaning to pick this up at some point, regardless.

Soldato
If it's anything like Icewind Dale (I played IWD2), then there are builds that work and make things easy, and builds that suck horribly and are a slog from the word "go". If it's anything like IWD2 :p

I've been meaning to pick this up at some point, regardless.

That's very much the case mate yes. I tried to loosely follow some guides. The general premise though, is that levelling custom characters rather than story mode one's is more effective. Fortunately you can re-roll, so I may need to do so.

The combat itself is also very unforgiving, you need to combine debuffs with specific attacks and damage types, and I just don't have the sort of time to dedicate to understand the mechanics properly. I'm a drop in, drop out kinda guy these days. The times of dumping hundreds or thousands of hours into a game are behind me.

It's all excellently done with a really fab storyline and side quests, it's very much an ode to the old games of the genre, and the The White March is specifically a nod to Icewind Dale. I think you'd love it. A fiver for all the DLC is disgustingly good, especially as the DLC is hefty, and sell for £15ish each.

Very much recommend it.

Soldato
CDKeys currently have 10% off a £50 steam wallet top-up (UK only), so £45 for a £50 card. Useful for anyone picking up stuff in the steam sale.

Soldato
I have no idea how people find the freebies on Steam.

I've just gone through the whole store, and Injustice doesn't show up anywhere expect if you specifically search for that title.

So it's not in the specials section, it's not in the free games section, it doesn't show up when you search by price range (etc).

Literally the only way to find it is if you search for its name.

So how on Earth do people find these giveaways on Steam? On GOG they advertise it. On Steam, they literally do their best to hide such offers.

Bookmark https://steamdb.info/upcoming/free/ An easier link to view free games than the one suggested to you earlier.

Soldato
If you use code PayPal 2020 you get 90p off as well.

According to HDUK
Don't forget topcashback!.

I am not 100% sure it would work but a voice is telling me to get 19 of these codes and save over £100 on a valve index. My more sensible head is telling me to wait and see how good reverb G2 is and see if oculus announce anything at connect tho.

Soldato
I played shadow of war and batman games with controller, found it much more easy to string together combos and react. Similar play style?

I guess so.

I just prefer these type of games with a controller.

I even play SWBF2 with one, though not PVP, I get owned, as I should! :p

I tried it with a m/kb and I've lost whatever skills i had with them (used to play a lot of COD UO and CODMW back in the day).

Plus the game was designed around one anyway.

Soldato
I guess so.

I just prefer these type of games with a controller.

I even play SWBF2 with one, though not PVP, I get owned, as I should! :p

I tried it with a m/kb and I've lost whatever skills i had with them (used to play a lot of COD UO and CODMW back in the day).

Plus the game was designed around one anyway.

Sounds like controller then. I've tried the more precise games using keyboard and mouse, and I struggle with the finger dexterity to hit the right buttons on the mouse in a hurry :D.

Associate
Sounds like controller then. I've tried the more precise games using keyboard and mouse, and I struggle with the finger dexterity to hit the right buttons on the mouse in a hurry :D.

its down to personal preference really, i tried with a controller and just couldnt get used to it for aiming/looking around.. however using abilites and melee combat was much easier with a controller

your in for a treat whichever one you use, Witcher 3 is an amazing game

Soldato
its down to personal preference really, i tried with a controller and just couldnt get used to it for aiming/looking around.. however using abilites and melee combat was much easier with a controller

your in for a treat whichever one you use, Witcher 3 is an amazing game

It's a bit weird getting used to the movement and looking around with the controller atm, but I'm already finding myself making wide use of multiple attacks, dodges etc, so I think I'm going to stick with it for now.

Back
Top Bottom