• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Refresh) 3900XT/3800XT/3600XT

Caporegime
Cheers. I was under the impression that reviews should hit a bit early so was wondering why the delay.
Because there is nothing to review except a minor performance bump and AMD know full well that they provide no tangible value over the previous CPU's, which will themselves also be even cheaper and better value now. If I were them I would also delay the reviews as long as I could.

Soldato
Unless it was one of those sign up, give fifty websites all your data/leave a dozen reviews/mail in five rebate applications type of things.

Soldato
From what was read on the Reddit after getting pointed that way it was add to cart and discount is added there automatically upon checkout/payment page.

I can’t understand why it hasn’t gone after that. That said I had the Internet drop out a couple of times.

Associate
Price creeping up already, 3900XT up £20 on the ocuk page. Couple of other places still list £479.99 but not many compared to a week ago. Can it go north of £500 this close to zen 3?

Caporegime
Price creeping up already, 3900XT up £20 on the ocuk page. Couple of other places still list £479.99 but not many compared to a week ago. Can it go north of £500 this close to zen 3?

There will ALWAYS be some BS reason retailers and etailers can use to ratchet away at the price.

Associate
The reason AMD is releasing these is part of a marketing tactic. Because obviously now it means all tech sites will review them with latest chipset drivers and BIOS and compare to Intel's awful value Comet Lake.

So yeah, whilst the perf upgrade might just be 5%, they get a few more percent closer to Intel on top of that due to better drivers and memory tweaks since a year ago. Don't doubt that there has been small but noticeable gains in performance due to drivers since release.

Associate
I don't blame OCUK at all. And it won't certainly stop me from ordering from them. However I'll always search before I send payment. As it's either OCUK has stock and no others don't or they very regularly have deals and offers on. Check OCUKs twitter post for the giveaways and offers.

It's like the wirh x570 tomahawk, I've been waiting so long I was starting to hate my build looking at an Matx MB in my big P600S case lol. OCUK worked harder to get MSIs new X570, remember there is a pandemic still and OCUK are still a business who will also struggle, some of my friends have gone bankrup in recent weeks or will do.

I'm here to support OCUK but as a customer I get to choose if I decide to save some pennies to look after my pounds. I hope OCUK hasn't had to lay anyone off and are going to recover, give it time and prices will be right, just remember business are going to keep struggling, manufacturers and retailers and even us end users.

So I don't feel the need to say they're bad for something as they're following others in trying to survive, especially if everyone still has a job at OCUK.

I would love an 3900XT but I'm saving up for 4xxx(X)(XT) and 6900XT if it'll be called that.

Back
Top Bottom