Amazon made a mistake (was: Screwed by amazon!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
So I bought something on amazon, returned it and today they charged me the full £600 for the item. I got on chat and was told they have refunded the money but it could take about 4 to 7 days to show in my account. Now I have 2 direct debits for my credit card companies going out tonight, what do I do? Would the bank be able to stop the payment as it still shows as pending? I bank with nationwide if it helps.

Associate
How was u screwed by amazon, u brought something and they charged you for it when they sent it. They are refunding you but as u said it can take a few days.

Nothing you can do except wait for refund, what money was you going to use for your 2 direct debits if you decided to keep the item?

Associate
OP
Let me explain. I bought a phone off amazon. Returned it within the return window, got my refund and today got an email saying they are charging me agai, as I haven't returned the item. Got in touch with them and they apologised and told me they would refund the money they took today, in 4 to 7 days. That is my issue as I have direct debits coming out and that £600 they took is gonna make me short.

Soldato
Let me explain. I bought a phone off amazon. Returned it within the return window, got my refund and today got an email saying they are charging me agai, as I haven't returned the item. Got in touch with them and they apologised and told me they would refund the money they took today, in 4 to 7 days. That is my issue as I have direct debits coming out and that £600 they took is gonna make me short.

Translated to English:
  • Ordered phone, payment made - £600
  • Returned phone, refund received
  • Amazon mistakenly charge again as their records did not show the original return
  • OP has some DD to go out but does not have £600 to cover them
  • OP creates GD thread

Soldato
Translated to English:
  • Amazon mistakenly charge again as their records did not show the original return
  • OP creates GD thread

you forgot the line of OP should never have bought phone because clearly he couldn;t aford it. The real question is, what would he be doingif he wanted to actually keep the phone, how then would he have made his DD payments that are coming out if he just blew 600 notes on a phone and he kept it.

Roughly translated OP = spendthrofy drama queen.

/thread

Soldato
you forgot the line of OP should never have bought phone because clearly he couldn;t aford it. The real question is, what would he be doingif he wanted to actually keep the phone, how then would he have made his DD payments that are coming out if he just blew 600 notes on a phone and he kept it.

Roughly translated OP = spendthrofy drama queen.

/thread

Agreed, he’s 600 quid short if he kept the phone. What’s the chances the OP returned it because he couldn’t actually afford it.

Soldato
If the phone was paid for on the credit card, surely it would have been on last month's statement if the direct debit was due today so you would have had weeks to sort out the billing issue. If they've just charged you now on your credit card it wouldn't be due until next month's statement so you'd have over a month to resolve this issue.

Soldato
Translated to English:
  • OP creates GD thread

• Boxing stand and bang stance
  • High revenue Gucci belt earner
  • Back doors/chocolate aisle insert the latest forum euphemism

If the phone was paid for on the credit card, surely it would have been on last month's statement if the direct debit was due today so you would have had weeks to sort out the billing issue. If they've just charged you now on your credit card it wouldn't be due until next month's statement so you'd have over a month to resolve this issue.

Also this. Unless the OP is letting Amazon take the money from his bank account rather than doing the sensible thing and paying by credit card.

Man of Honour
Company makes a mistaken debit from someones account leaving them short and somehow it's their fault, you lot truly are a bit special at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom