Minecraft - Windows 10 Edition

Soldato
Does anyone know where I can find this on the cheap?

Looked everywhere and it was dirt cheap once upon a time... now it's £24.99!

I have the Java version and unfortunately missed out on a free copy. Was looking forward to trying out the RTX mode, plus it be great to play with family members on Switch, etc.

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Check allkeyshop for price comparisons on the keysellers:

https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/compare-and-buy-cd-key-for-digital-download-minecraft/

Remember the small element of risk with these grey-market keys. Not that I've had any problems (equally, i've not bought many).

Also, don't use grey market keysellers for indie games - they're usually stolen keys and the small devs can't really take the hit

Thank you, oh has it gone pricy! I remember it only being a few quid?

Soldato
Thank you, oh has it gone pricy! I remember it only being a few quid?
That was when it was sold by the small time indie devs ;)

Is there an easy was of getting RTX to work now with Minecraft or does it still require you to jump through hoops?

HRL

HRL

Soldato
That was when it was sold by the small time indie devs ;)

Is there an easy was of getting RTX to work now with Minecraft or does it still require you to jump through hoops?

Think you can just download it from the MS Store as long as you have the hardware to support it. I did it a while back and it was so simple I can't even remember how. :D

Soldato
Think you can just download it from the MS Store as long as you have the hardware to support it. I did it a while back and it was so simple I can't even remember how. :D

I already have Minecraft 1.16.1 Java edition installed. When I search for it on Windows store its £22.49.

This was the last page I found requiring to sign up to things and install additonal apps to enable it?! - https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/news/minecraft-with-rtx-beta-out-now-download-play/

Other games, in options you usually just have an 'RTX' toggle box or something

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I already have Minecraft 1.16.1 Java edition installed. When I search for it on Windows store its £22.49.

This was the last page I found requiring to sign up to things and install additonal apps to enable it?! - https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/news/minecraft-with-rtx-beta-out-now-download-play/

Other games, in options you usually just have an 'RTX' toggle box or something

I think, and I may be wrong, that only the Store version supports RTX, not the Java edition.

Soldato
I'm looking to pick this up for my 6yo. Is the W10 edition the best one for playing on PC with an Xbox controller? Also, what is the best format to buy - from the MS store?

The java version is far superior (I found the console/Win10 versions really cut down & missing loads of functionality) but unfortunately it doesn't support controllers without modding

Back
Top Bottom