Games keep BSOD on secondary HDD

Associate
So I recently upgraded my PC completely, the only two things which remained the same were my Nvme ssd and my old HDD. I did put in a new 1tb SSD also for newer games.
Currently however every game which i have on my HDD either loads extremely slowly about 20x slower than it used to or it just straight up blue screens upon opening a game.
Any game running off the nvme ssd or new ssd runs absolutely perfectly.
If anyone can give me suggestions on why my hdd is dying when running a game id be very appreciative.

Associate
I just moved the nvme over with the same windows ive always had installed. Windows seems to have detected everything correctly
Could it be that some drivers left over from the previous hardware are causing problems? Personally I always install Windows from scratch if using new hardware. I am surprised that doing what you did didn't cause Windows to deactivate itself, as normally a license is meant to be used on one computer

Associate
OP
Could it be that some drivers left over from the previous hardware are causing problems? Personally I always install Windows from scratch if using new hardware. I am surprised that doing what you did didn't cause Windows to deactivate itself, as normally a license is meant to be used on one computer
Maybe I should do a fresh install of windows, last night it did come up prompting me to activate windows but that disappeared when i restarted the PC

Associate
OP
Did you enable ahci in the bios for the ssd?
What's your spec and include PSU make/model?
No idea what that means but current specs
Corsair RMX 750W PSU
Intel I7 9700K
GTX 1080
G SKILL 3200MHZ 16GB RAM
Asus ROG Strix Z390-F
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD (the new one which works fine for gaming)
samsung 250gb nvme ssd
Seagate 2tb hdd (Where all my games were which now cause bsod)

Back
Top Bottom