• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Received my phone yesterday but tbh after using it for a few hours I’m not seeing much improvement over my X. I think I might send it back and keep the X for another year....

Man of Honour
Received my phone yesterday but tbh after using it for a few hours I’m not seeing much improvement over my X. I think I might send it back and keep the X for another year....
The X is still a beast. It'll be the camera and battery life where the 12 will come into its own.

Soldato
The X is still a beast. It'll be the camera and battery life where the 12 will come into its own.

I find the X camera fantastic for what I do which is mainly just quick snaps of kids and dog. Battery is at 92% still last more than a day as I use tablet most of time indoors.

I’m just feeling big buyers remorse with the 12 it’s just not really much of an upgrade for me. When I went 7 to X it was a huge difference very noticeable. This time jumping two generations just seems very underwhelming. I will return and see what comes along next year I think.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
We reached peak phone for many people years ago. Each year it’s smaller bumps and improvements to edge cases (eg low light photos) but for general use we reached peak phone many years ago.

Soldato
I find the X camera fantastic for what I do which is mainly just quick snaps of kids and dog. Battery is at 92% still last more than a day as I use tablet most of time indoors.

I’m just feeling big buyers remorse with the 12 it’s just not really much of an upgrade for me. When I went 7 to X it was a huge difference very noticeable. This time jumping two generations just seems very underwhelming. I will return and see what comes along next year I think.
It just goes to prove how fantastic the X was. I’m still using mine nearly 3 years on.

Associate
Anyone else preorder from Apple last week when estimated delivery was today, and then it got pushed back to 2nd November? I've just noticed my order has changed from 'Processing' to 'Preparing to Ship', delivery estimate still says 2nd November but fingers crossed it might come a bit early!

I was quoted the 2nd when order went through but now says the 9th. Might be just as well as it gives me more time to make my mind up. More reviews up and more opinion here from those that have received their 12pros.

I’m really looking for a smaller phone than my current Xs max. Thought the 12pro might fit the bill. Difficult to justify the 12pro over a cheaper 11pro (not that I can find anything new that is a good discount on the 12pro). The latter’s camera not quite as good but sounds like battery life is better. If I could find a tidy second hand one and save some money :D

Soldato
Popped into the store this morning to look at the phones. After seeing how scratched the pros were I’ve settled on a mini. The brushed design is far nicer, not sure what Apple are on if they think that shiny is premium. Idiots!

Soldato
Initial 12 Pro impressions (from a long time android user).

- Feels really nice and solid, but glossy sides are not as nice (or grippy) as the std 12
- Coming from other devices with curved edges etc, the bezels seem massive at first - but it is better for inadvertent presses when reaching around the screen
- Size is nice, not sure I'd want bigger
- Still trying to de-google myself. Lots of things in iOS don't work like I expect them to...yet :p

How big a difference does the nits of iphone 12 625nits and iphone 12 Pro 800+ make with these phones in real usage? Mostly just sunny day brighter display?

Comparing to my wife's standard 12 - I think you'd only notice a difference side by side.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I received my pacific blue 12 Pro yesterday, and for the first time in 10+ years of upgrading every year, I felt disgust/rejection when I first got it out of the box. The blue on the back is gorgeous, but the ultra shiny sides are just tacky, and as someone else mentioned above, revolting.

I’m going to keep it because I love the square edges; the rounded edges iPhone was always my least favourite shape (so slippery, so difficult to pick up — I never use a case) so I’m glad that cycle is finally over for a while. I suspect I will be keeping this phone for 3 years now, there is just ZERO difference from my 11 Pro apart from the physical shape that I can tell. I won’t be using MagSafe (just a marketing thing to sell a bunch of new accessories without any real benefit), and the 11 Pro was already an utterly amazing phone. The battery life on my brand new 12 Pro is apparently worse! So go figure. Even every camera comparison I’ve seen is extremely subtle (cf 11 Pro).

Ah well. The days of excitedly upgrading are well and truly over, and with all the nasty stuff that Apple have been doing lately, this could well be my last iPhone!?

Soldato
I received my pacific blue 12 Pro yesterday, and for the first time in 10+ years of upgrading every year, I felt disgust/rejection when I first got it out of the box. The blue on the back is gorgeous, but the ultra shiny sides are just tacky, and as someone else mentioned above, revolting.

I’m going to keep it because I love the square edges; the rounded edges iPhone was always my least favourite shape (so slippery, so difficult to pick up — I never use a case) so I’m glad that cycle is finally over for a while. I suspect I will be keeping this phone for 3 years now, there is just ZERO difference from my 11 Pro apart from the physical shape that I can tell. I won’t be using MagSafe (just a marketing thing to sell a bunch of new accessories without any real benefit), and the 11 Pro was already an utterly amazing phone. The battery life on my brand new 12 Pro is apparently worse! So go figure. Even every camera comparison I’ve seen is extremely subtle (cf 11 Pro).

Ah well. The days of excitedly upgrading are well and truly over, and with all the nasty stuff that Apple have been doing lately, this could well be my last iPhone!?

No case your brave mine would end up all pile of shattered bits the moment I used it with out a case it’s just my luck..... lol

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Ordered a 12 pro yesterday that’ll be with me today.

Have an 8 at the moment, with a 5 month old the main reason for the upgrade was the camera.

Whilst the 8 is passable, low light it was awful and no portrait mode was a bit naff, even my wife’s SE took far better looking shots.

I’d much rather gone for the mini when it’s out as I don’t like a large phone, but theory was get the best camera possible (I know the max is better, but that’s just too big) for pictures of the little one.

We have a ‘proper’ camera, but it hardly gets used, isn’t convenient, and I’d rather something I can point and shoot to take a good shot 90% of the time rather than faffing with settings, lenses, by which time the moment has gone.

That was how I justified it to myself anyway :)

The shiny sides do look a bit naff from why I’ve seen, but it’s coming with an Apple silicone case as well so that should at least negate that.

Associate
On an 8+ with a broken screen and charging port I need to replace but looking at some photos of this the black bezels look huge to me, for a phone I'm going to keep for 3+ years I don't see it aging very well? Really disappointed to be honest and I don't even have it yet

Associate
had to laugh yesterday when my mate picked up his 12 pro on his lunch break in work, mega excited. Upgrading from a XS he did the phone sync thing and it copied everything over. Within 15 minutes his new phone looked exactly the same as his XS was setup, he literally just sat there like 'erm well that was exciting for all of 2 minutes'.....£1000 to look at exactly the same phone haha. Suppose that's what you get nowadays when it's just slight design tweaks, a lot of money for very little difference

Back
Top Bottom