• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
This thing is such a piece of ****. Setting 4K/120 to my 48CX results in "no signal" and I have to kick it down to 4K/60 Hz, every single game disc I put in requires a 60+ GB download, Assassins Creed Valhalla after spending all night downloading even though I bought a disc, is permanently stuck on "Checking for add-ons" on the loading screen. 12+ hours and I haven't been able to play a single game. I also queue up other games to download and the downloads just stop.

It's like they don't even test **** anymore. Hopefully my PS5 coming in is better than this garbage.

Those will be the X enhanced titles downloading via Smart Delivery.

Associate
As I mentioned, some of the C series OLED were having problems with chroma at 4:4:4 when using 4k/120........you just need to dial it down to 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 (or get the firmware update that was released in the last day or so).

Associate
Got a 55 CX5 arriving from Costco for £1220, can't wait until Black Friday and I doubt it will drop much more.

Can't face my faulty Samsung anymore, gonna take nerves of steel to put off playing my SX until it arrives though.:p

And got two long weekends off work on the 23rd and 30th which swayed me :D

Man of Honour
Has anyone on here got the S? And if so, any first impressions?

I'm more impressed with the S than I am with the X, but that is not factoring in next generation games of course.

You definitely want to buy an external storage drive though.

Girlfriend naturally won't allow me to open my christmas present until christmas. But how is everyone finding it? Has anyone played any upgraded games? Does it make a difference visually series X vs the One X?

The biggest different is with the frame rate. Even simple games like Deep Rock Galactic ran at 40-45 fps on the One X, which all now run at a locked 60 fps on the Series X and Series S.

The On X CPU really is atrocious.

Associate
Only thing with instant on may be power draw - digital foundry reported it pulled 29W in instant on mode whilst eco mode was just 0.5W.
I've looked but can't find any official MS specs to confirm it.

May not be a big deal for some but given it only takes around 20 seconds to boot from cold I think mine will be left on eco unless I'm downloading something big overnight.

Funnily enough, I just measured it myself because it was worrying me after leaving it downloading all night! It's currently pulling 45ish watts whilst installing a disc copy of Metro and downloading the patch at the same time (neat!). Playing Gears 4 briefly during my lunch break I noted 160-180 watts draw. I measured it earlier after putting it in standby mode; it does generate some heat and remains warm. For the first 5 minutes or so it was drawing 26ish watts, this then dropped and stayed at 10 watts. I estimate that's about a quid per month for the convenience of standby mode....

Associate
For years I've read this forum and the mantra has always been gameplay. When a better console from another maker comes out, gameplay. Now you're all drooling over a **** poor gears of war game (single player) and visuals. So all you have taught me has been a lie :( It's like you learnt nothing from being the beta tester on the last 2 poor xbox launches! Spending £500 and then £200 for extra HDD space to play old games! Madness. FOMO at is best, it's like when HP had that useless tablet they discontinued and 1000's on here were trying to find stock rather than that missed out feeling ;)

Looks a great bit of hardware, if you play Gears versus then the 120FPS is an advantage but to play a poor single player game, is it really worth it to be a early adopter? Even load times in MP doesn't help if the rest of the lobby is on a Xbone. I was hoping they would bring out an elite 3 to go with it, rather than the complete lottery of the version 2.

Can't wait to see the actual games that come out optimised for this console.

Man of Honour
Girlfriend naturally won't allow me to open my christmas present until christmas. But how is everyone finding it? Has anyone played any upgraded games? Does it make a difference visually series X vs the One X?

That's why I buy the X myself, then she can buy me gift vouchers, accessories and games :p

Back
Top Bottom