Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Now, whilst the first point is true, I cannot afford one. I also wouldn’t buy one.

I’ve driven the new Supra and its awesome, I absolutely loved driving it but I just don’t like looking at it. I’ve seen a few on the road and I can’t look at it and go wow. I totally appreciate the car in every single way but can’t fall in love with the looks.

From your list, the only one I’d buy is a TT RS but only as a daily. Never for fun, it’s too bland.

That’s a fair comment, the looks are marmite. They definitely look better “in the metal” IMO. Oh and a huge rear wing helps.

Nailed it on the TT there.

Soldato
I've just got the 2.0 140bhp Diesel remapped to around 180bhp. Mines from way back in 2011 and i've had it pretty much since new. Have never really had any issues, and the only costs have been general service items (bar a wheel bearing which i think went after i had 700kg of paving in the boot). I replaced the original battery last month. Mines used as a workhorse more than anything so it's been pretty abused (there's some pics in the last few pages both of it looking a mess and then after cleaning - The paint is very good compared to my wifes Mercedes)

It's a decent car and drives well and i still think it looks great. I think the only sticking point for me is the new ones don't look to have changed much since the original version, bar a few tweaks. I can't say much about the current models, but the infotainment in mine is a fair few years behind the comparable offerings that were available at the time elsewhere.

Soldato
Thanks, the one I’m looking at is a 2015. Looks clean and is low miles. Trouble is it’s 200 miles away, and although they would deliver I would prefer to test drive a car before deciding.

Not too bothered about infotainment, the Gt86s offering is not great. Depreciation I can deal with as it’s at a decent price, and I can’t find anything else in that performance/price/year bracket that I like. Reliability wise, sounds like you’ve had no problems, and from what I’ve read online Modern Alfa’s are pretty good in that respect.

Yep, I’m pretty certain this is what I’m gonna get.

Caporegime
I say I understand because the fact it has a BMW bothers me and makes me err towards the "not a real Supra" camp because I am a bit of a Toyota tragic.

But it wouldn't stop me buying one. Perhaps because I also like BMW's. :p

e; Oh we've moved on since I refreshed... As you were!

Soldato
Thanks, the one I’m looking at is a 2015. Looks clean and is low miles. Trouble is it’s 200 miles away, and although they would deliver I would prefer to test drive a car before deciding.

Not too bothered about infotainment, the Gt86s offering is not great. Depreciation I can deal with as it’s at a decent price, and I can’t find anything else in that performance/price/year bracket that I like. Reliability wise, sounds like you’ve had no problems, and from what I’ve read online Modern Alfa’s are pretty good in that respect.

Yep, I’m pretty certain this is what I’m gonna get.

I'll swap you my ropey looking diesel one for your GT86 :D

You should be good on depreciation i guess buying at 5 years old. Ours has certainly been hit more than other cars we looked at at the same time.

One thing i just remembered was there was some recall fault, where the seal around the boot caused water to get into the electrics of the rear lights. This was fixed for free, and it might have been fixed on later cars anyway.

Soldato
I like the new Supra, if I was in that market it would certainly be on the list. However, the new Z4 M40i would definitely NOT be - and I had an E86 3.0si then an E89 35iS. They absolutely whiffed with the G29 imo.

Soldato
I say I understand because the fact it has a BMW bothers me and makes me err towards the "not a real Supra" camp because I am a bit of a Toyota tragic.

But it wouldn't stop me buying one. Perhaps because I also like BMW's. :p

e; Oh we've moved on since I refreshed... As you were!

See whilst I appreciate that BMW make good cars, none of them, “stir the soul” with me, they all look somewhat mundane.

Where as the Supra takes all of the BMW good (engine, infotainment, interior) and makes it looks totally appealing to me.

Tbh the only one that would get a look in would be the M3, I much prefer AMG for a luxury fast car than a BMW.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I haven't posted in a while, but usually when I do it means that... I bought a new S... Box, this time from the original elderly owner. To cut the story short, due to health reasons he is unable to drive anymore, so after few years of holding onto it he finally decided to sell it.

I have two keys, car has BMW's alarm with central locks, full BMW service history and folder full of all the receipts along with a Haynes Manual.

Its a BMW E36 323i SE Saloon in Boston Green just hit 100k miles.
image.png

image.png

image.png

I do have the carpet insert BTW, just wanted to show how clean it is underneath. :p
image.png

image.png

image.png

There are some little things that need attention, but there isn't anything major. The car recently had a new alternator, starter motor, water pump, radiator, clutch, battery and full service at BMW was done around 3000 miles ago (oil was still gold'ish). Car will remain standard for the time being, later down the line we shall see... I was planning on buying a E36 Coupe, but to find a decent E36 Coupe is a challenge in its own and the prices people are asking are just silly... It wasn't a planned purchase, I was just looking for something from the 90's, I'm still on a hunt for a Volvo 240 Saloon (Coupe would be the dream).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom