Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
Exactly! Should have kept my old 1992 325i, I miss that car (it had 18 button OBC).

I had two E30 13 button OBC kits but sold them both... Had a cruise control kit and map light mirror too.

For some reason I reverted from wanting to fit all the upgrades to wanting to keep it standard. A decision I semi regret.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
The more buttons the better in an old car. :p

If you dont already know it IC3, I can get you the original spec list, prod date, prod plant, etc, from the reg.
R230 NFP

I'm going to my mates E36 graveyard to grab a few things on friday, I'll ask him if he has a 18 button OBC.

Edit:

Just had a look, bit of DIY is required to do this... Why can't they be like 1st gen 9-3 Saab's, you just plug the extras in and they work. :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm going to my mates E36 graveyard to grab a few things on friday, I'll ask him if he has a 18 button OBC.

Edit:

Just had a look, bit of DIY is required to do this... Why can't they be like 1st gen 9-3 Saab's, you just plug the extras in and they work. :p
Sent you a trust message. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thanks, the list isn't that long being an SE model. :p Less things to go wrong, I suppose? I had a look at some things they came with, E36's had cruise control! lol
Of course, you could even get an E30 with cruise control. In fact I had the retrofit kit and stupidly sold it. Hens teeth. :(

At least your E36 has AC. :D

Caporegime
Found the method to get that info, just grabbed the spec for my mates M140i. He seemed over the moon with it, didn't know he had some of the features. lol

Oh, how'd you do it? I use some 'reclaimed' outdated BMW software. :p

There are various ways to get the info online (though the descriptions of option codes are often incorrect on older cars, so you have to cross reference the numbers with the options index anyway), but I didn't think you could do it without knowing the VIN anymore. :)

If you know the VIN, "bimmer.work" is pretty good for anything E46/E39 and onwards, E36 and prior some of the option descriptions don't quite match up with the option codes.

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Oh, how'd you do it? I use some 'reclaimed' outdated BMW software. :p

There are various ways to get the info online (though the descriptions of option codes are often incorrect on older cars, so you have to cross reference the numbers with the options index anyway), but I didn't think you could do it without knowing the VIN anymore. :)

If you know the VIN, "bimmer.work" is pretty good for anything E46/E39 and onwards, E36 and prior some of the option descriptions don't quite match up with the option codes.
I can get VIN by reg :D

Caporegime
Soldato
image.png

Wow that Pioneer takes me back. In my formative years I used to spend hours flicking through the car hifi catalogues (Kenwood, Alpine, Clarion etc.) and going into the local car hifi shop to check out the demo models. When I was 17, my Kenwood MASK headunit and 6x9s were worth more than the car itself :o

I guess there’s no market for such headunits it’s now. Shame.

Caporegime
Wow that Pioneer takes me back. In my formative years I used to spend hours flicking through the car hifi catalogues (Kenwood, Alpine, Clarion etc.) and going into the local car hifi shop to check out the demo models. When I was 17, my Kenwood MASK headunit and 6x9s were worth more than the car itself :o

I recently bought a new old stock 90's head unit with a control stalk. :p

Zo7SYWn.jpg

TJ99Jqm.jpg

Have a second hand early 90's Panasonic to go in the BMW somewhen, the same model which some dealerships offered in the car from new.

LE42kDd.jpg

At the moment I have a genuine radio blank from a maximum poverty spec car, because I don't use the radio anyway... Fitting the Panasonic would mainly be for aesthetics.

4w9xViA.png

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato

The radio is 23 years old and looks like new, I'm going to leave it in there even though I have a newer pioneer radio as it just looks right. :D

IC3

IC3

Soldato
The trick is matching the backlight colour. :p
I wouldn't be able to match that colour, I already had that radio in my 328 Coupe and looked out of place.... But hey ho, it was a drift missile. :p

What car is that photo from, with the Sony radio? Some type of Nissan?

Soldato
I recently bought a new old stock 90's head unit with a control stalk. :p
TJ99Jqm.jpg
No way - My dads old Previa had the exact same headunit! No idea if it was aftermarket or came with the car but it was awesome! Still remember twiddling the dial to 3 for MOAR BASSS while rocking out to "Who let the dogs out"

Theres a way to change the led colour - I think if you hold down Source + SEL or SEL + DSPL, something like that. It can change to Green!!

Caporegime
I wouldn't be able to match that colour, I already had that radio in my 328 Coupe and looked out of place.... But hey ho, it was a drift missile. :p

What car is that photo from, with the Sony radio? Some type of Nissan?

Primera GT-LE loon.

No way - My dads old Previa had the exact same headunit! No idea if it was aftermarket or came with the car but it was awesome! Still remember twiddling the dial to 3 for MOAR BASSS while rocking out to "Who let the dogs out"

Theres a way to change the led colour - I think if you hold down Source + SEL or SEL + DSPL, something like that. It can change to Green!!

Thats pretty cool!

If and when I sell the car I'll put the original head unit back in, so if you have any use for this one you can have dibs. :p

Back
Top Bottom