• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
RT perf is terrible in Rt heavy games ( minecraft/ control etc ), worse than the 2080. Funny how hardware unboxed only tested in 2 titles only. And people said they werent biased lol.

It’s a ******* mess.

Raster is good, v good in cases, but loses in 4k. Why? It’s like here’s a plus but also a minus.

Also price here is stupid (Romania) which again gives a big plus to AMD. 6800xt is 700 euros, 3080 is 1000 euros. 50$ msrp difference translates to 300 euros in all major stores. Math? Hi.

kinda ****** pill to swallow. Was hoping RT was slightly below a 3070 but its brutal in some cases. Cant even enjoy my ps5 knowing its RT is so garbage f me.

Day of disappointments :rolleyes:

Permabanned
RT perf is terrible in Rt heavy games ( minecraft/ control etc ), worse than the 2080.

It’s a ******* mess.

Raster is good, v good in cases, but loses in 4k. Why? It’s like here’s a plus but also a minus.

Also price here is stupid (Romania). 6800xt is 700 euros, 3080 is 1000 euros. 50$ msrp difference translates to 300 euros in all major stores. Math? Hi.

kinda ****** pill to swallow. Was hoping RT was slightly below a 3070 but its brutal in some cases. Cant even enjoy my ps5 knowing its RT is so garbage f me.

Day of disappointments :rolleyes:

Probably because the Infinity Cache somehow helps for 1080p and offloading the CPU bottleneck, while the native 512GB/s memory throughput is too low for 4K.

Associate
Well, as expected, XT trading blows with slightly higher priced 3080 in raster, but not able to match in RT. Stock is a bad joke, there will always be high demand at the start, I get that, but it seems the stock levels at launch are pitiful. Will be interesting to see whether AMD do a better job of recovering over the coming months than nvidia have. The DLSS and raytracing advantage nvidia have will be hard to ignore for some, I'm just glad there is competition this time round to keep the pricing at a more sensible level (if ~£700 is sensible, more so than £1500 I guess)

Associate
What an absolute omnishambles of a launch, I think that actually made the 3080 launch look good. I really hope there are actually cards available next week but I'm not holding out much hope.

Associate
£679.99 at OC! At another place they were showing as £599.99. No buy button showing though.
Yeah I saw that. Overclockers £78 more. I too couldnt find the buy button, but noticed when I refreshed the page thenumber of people currently buying had gone upto 16? How can they be buying when there was no option to purchase?

Soldato
Managed to get 1 of each. Too scared to cancel one though until I see them ship, just in case retailer decides to cancel the other one instead, I guess I'll wait and see.

RT performance actually is fine outside of the path-traced examples like Minecraft. Even in Control I see the 6800 = 3070 with DXR on @ 1080p which is the only resolution where you'll see 60 fps anyway, and in newer titles it's clear there's lots of optimisation to get AMD back up, like in Dirt 5 where it actually pulls ahead of Ampere EVEN with DXR on.

It's freaking great!

Soldato

I don't understand how I've ordered the exact same card at 14:34:00 and been charged £679

y4mjNCxnEoxAIHqm1jrpvedg4VBDePo-FU9_CY4d5gtoHrFJnPOgU_6Sikf_RS_Jhi71n8CtVy5UP9xZPI63xeViRRk_PKS54rKM2f1Dfqf-uiLXXYCd4kj_lvQ4ho7E_HgCaiHje6k012lyyvWjEAV4fF7fACP9GGqY3CLt9bHTU9bCz69atVZtsvBEyEPm9Jg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom