• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Associate
Hmm, I didn't realise it was a bigger issue. Hopefully dealt with in a coming update.

I occasionally get the issue of imessages/WhatsApp not being delivered but have found it’s because the data connection seems to have gone to sleep. I still receive calls (I think). Only really notice as podcasts don’t download or the same with music not stored on the phone. Turning airplane mode on and off seems only way to reset the connection. Might be a Vodafone issue though previous XS Max and Galaxy S10 were fine.

Other than that I’m very happy with the 12 Pro. I’m preferring the size compared to previous XS Max but a very small part of me wanted the bigger 12Pro Max :D But anyway the 12Pro isn’t such a lump in my pocket and manageable to use one handed. Good phone if more than a little expensive.

Associate
Sorry I meant XS MAX which I upgraded from.
Not sure why you think a 12 pro has incremental updates over an xs.
I’m coming from an xs and it’s a pretty big upgrade for me. Battery is better, it’s much faster and the camera is much better especially in low light. Also bigger screen 6.1” compared to 5.8”, granted it’s not a huge difference but I’ve noticed how bigger the screen is compared to my XS.

I meant XS MAX

Soldato
If you switch, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. :) if you can, go see one in person at an apple store (not sure if they’re open due to lockdown though ?)

was playing around with the camera and night mode last night. I was rather impressed. It works so well !
Ordered! Got a decent upgrade deal from Vodafone, and as my contract is up anyway I'm effectively getting the new phone and 75gb more data for any extra £15 a month, so it was a bit of a no brainer. It should be coming on Monday... I'm expecting a bit of a faff transferring everything over, but looking forward to it

Associate
I Phone 12 Pro max Ordered in Graphite.
Said it was in stock then 30 mins after I ordered received an email saying it is out of stock and will be re stocked soon. Got all excited for nothing..... Now we wait

Caporegime
Luckily for me my 12pro was delivered by DPD, who are by far the best couriers I’ve used. I always get excited when I see it’s being delivered by DPD as they always deliver within the allocated time. They also delivered my 12pro on a Saturday when it should have been with me on Monday.

Soldato
Ordered! Got a decent upgrade deal from Vodafone, and as my contract is up anyway I'm effectively getting the new phone and 75gb more data for any extra £15 a month, so it was a bit of a no brainer. It should be coming on Monday... I'm expecting a bit of a faff transferring everything over, but looking forward to it
Nice ! Which colour / size ? I think you’ll be very happy with it !

Soldato
Have the new iPhone 12 pro :cool: all screen protected and suited up in its new Apple leather case. Did the quick transfer. Never done it before. All good, very impressed with the transfer. Even mapped my desktop layout across :) just getting used to the new feel of it. Old X had been clamped by in my hand for 3 years :D

Ste

Ste

Soldato
So I got my 12 Pro Max today and I’m pretty underwhelmed. It’s not very nice to hold in the hand and it doesn’t feel any quicker than my XS Max. Camera seems good on first impressions but as I have a Pixel 5 it hasn’t wowed me that much.

I’m not sure I’m going to keep it at the moment - lots of money for something I don’t like as much :(

Same upgrade here. Same first impression too. It's noticeably bulkier and uncomfortable to hold.

However the camera is stunning so I'm going to give it a few days to get used to it...

Soldato
I always get excited when I see it’s being delivered by DPD as they always deliver within the allocated time.

I had a DPD driver arrive 5 mins before his slot and he sat in his van. When he arrived at the door I asked him why he didn’t just make the delivery early and apparently he wasn’t allowed to until the start of the predicted slot.

Associate
So its upgrade time for me, I currently run an iPhone 8 Plus, paired with a series 4 watch.

Is it worth going to the 12 Pro Max or will the normal Pro be just as fine. Size of the phone I dont want much bigger than the plus.

Associate
So its upgrade time for me, I currently run an iPhone 8 Plus, paired with a series 4 watch.

Is it worth going to the 12 Pro Max or will the normal Pro be just as fine. Size of the phone I dont want much bigger than the plus.

I upgraded from the 8+ to the Max and the physical size comparison between them both is almost nothing. The Max is a tiny bit thicker but nothing really noticeable. The real difference is the amount of screen estate you get on the Max which is so good!

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Anyone pro max with the official apple leather case?

It's making the phone quite uncomfortable to use. It seems just a bit too hard. My XS Max didn't have any leather along the bottom but this one does. Wondering whether it'll supple up in time or whether there are any good alternative (high quality) cases worth looking at

Back
Top Bottom