• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Certified HDMI 2.1 Cables for 30 Series and Ryzen GPUs

Associate
Hello all,

I am finding it an absolute nightmare to find true HDMI 2.1 cables that aren't absolute trash.
I got a couple from the usual suspects and they seem to be cutting out and unstable.

I think for all gamers using VRR and 120HZ TVs this thread could be helpful.

I am looking for a 5 Meter Cable, as my desktop is a bit of a distance away from my TV. Any suggestions of Certified HDMI 2.1 cables and sources for locating them would be much appreciated.

Soldato
This was excellent thank you. I had the i-Choose one before this and it kept cutting out completely.

I have ordered the Zeskit one from the US, but wanted to have something for when Cyberpunk 2077 arrives. This cable is rock solid no drop outs or issues yet!

Nice. Yeah it's been working solid for me for a while. 0 issues so can't complain.

Soldato
I am looking for a 5 Meter Cable, as my desktop is a bit of a distance away from my TV. Any suggestions of Certified HDMI 2.1 cables and sources for locating them would be much appreciated.

Not HDMI 2.1 but I had to move to fibre-optic Displayport cables at that distance to get 4K at 60 Hz or more. I have 10m FO cables and they really do the business. Unfortunately OCUK don't sell them. There are plenty of fibre HDMI 2.1 cables on Amazon and they're not cheap, but if you've spent hundreds of pounds on a GPU and hundreds of pounds more on a monitor, why baulk at spending another hundred on a cable to link the two?

You can read my tale here.

Soldato
Not HDMI 2.1 but I had to move to fibre-optic Displayport cables at that distance to get 4K at 60 Hz or more. I have 10m FO cables and they really do the business. Unfortunately OCUK don't sell them. There are plenty of fibre HDMI 2.1 cables on Amazon and they're not cheap, but if you've spent hundreds of pounds on a GPU and hundreds of pounds more on a monitor, why baulk at spending another hundred on a cable to link the two?

You can read my tale here.

my store I use started stocking hdmi 2.1 FO cables but damn at $100 each that's painful

Associate
I dont think that is HDMI 2.1. At present only Zeskit is legit.

It is so annoying we have devices capable of outputting and receiving a signal, and the manufacturers of cables are sucking their thumbs!

sorry I sent the wrong link, this one is

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/audioquest-firebird-48g-hdmi-cable

There are loads of cheaper cables on Amazon that state hdmi 2.1 not sure how good they are and they are mostly only upto 3m in length.

Back
Top Bottom