Poll: *** The official 2020 MacBook Air/13" MacBook Pro thread (it has the M1 chip and everything!) ***

What 2020 Apple Silicon notebook have you ordered?

• MacBook Air

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • 13" MacBook Pro

Votes: 29 29.0%

• Total voters
Commissario
OP
Never done it. Genuinely, I've never done it on any Mac I've had although when I got the iMac, I did a Migration Assistant from the old one so I suppose that counts.

Associate
Is there a recommended portable dock to use with Macbooks?

Looking for a few USB 3.0 ports, gigabit ethernet, HDMI 2.0 (4K@60) or HDMI 2.1 as a minimum.

Soldato
Never been a huge fan of Safari for a good few years on my Mac's, maybe will give it another go. Shame there's a few things not supported, but can always use Chrome for those I guess.

Associate
What browser are you guys running on the M1's?

Firefox Nightly for the time being, there's an issue with Firefox (including beta and Developer Edition) when running uBlock Origin and certain addons, where the browser just freezes, crashes, so basically it's unusable, it's probably fixed by now, I haven't checked yet, but at the time Nightly was the only build that worked.

Few days of using the M1 MacBook Air, it's really as good as they say, and it's amazing how fast it is and it never gets hot at all, even with the removal of the fan in Air.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can anyone with an Air and a Pro tell me what the corners are like on that little indent just below the track pad.

On my old Air (2011) I never had an issue with then, but the Pro (2015) I sometimes find them quite sharp and digging into my hand depending on my position when using it.

Soldato
Can anyone with an Air and a Pro tell me what the corners are like on that little indent just below the track pad.

On my old Air (2011) I never had an issue with then, but the Pro (2015) I sometimes find them quite sharp and digging into my hand depending on my position when using it.
Not even noticed it on my MBA - although from memory one of my older Mac's definitely were more sharper. These feel somewhat rounded off.

Back
Top Bottom